What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

facebook connect....

• Thread starter adnedarn
  • Start date

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
Hello everyone! So I'm messing around with the forum today and decided to try out facebook integration. It allows you to like topics, post new threads and replies to your facebook and I don't really know what else... So play with it if you like, or say you're not really interested; I'm still not convinced what way this will go, but hey.... We're trying something new! =)
Andrew

I see it, and I think it could be pretty cool if members started using it.

Very top middle of the forum you should see the blue connect button.

Facebook is a scourge: I avoid it at all costs. It peddles a "quantity over quality" faux intimacy that does little more than promote the growing disphoria we suffer as a result of uncautiously embracing "social media" without questioning its agenda.

One thing with the new site update is that the logo is replaced.

OH yes, on the default VB skin... Thanks! (I don't use that one)
Andrew

If it doesn't show now, please hold CTRL and SHIFT and press R

Very top middle of the forum you should see the blue connect button.
Hmmmm - unless my obliviousness is taking over again (hate when that happens), it appears to not be present on mine .... (not that I have any nearterm, FB-use plans anyway) :lol:

However, I suspect that it can only be a good thing as some users may use the function & for those who choose differently, another box sitting on the top of the forum doesn't change anything ... ???

Last edited:
Hmmmm - unless my obliviousness is taking over again (hate when that happens), it appears to not be present on mine .... (not that I have any nearterm, FB-use plans anyway) :lol:

One way or another, you're not missing anything :-D

what is facebook?

how come I cant log into my geocities acct?

dang puters.... I want my commodore 64 back, anyone up for a game of pong?

OH yes, on the default VB skin... Thanks! (I don't use that one)
Andrew

If it doesn't show now, please hold CTRL and SHIFT and press R
You fixed it. congrats

what is facebook?

:lol:

what is facebook?

Let's go play kick the can! :awesome:

I just linked up to it with FB, FWIW,....

FYI, simply by visiting a web page with the Facebook Connect button on it, you are sharing your web usage data with third parties and facebook, whether you like it or not. You can use AdBlock Plus to disable sharing of your data if you wish. (Firefox)

Whimgrinder- just by the button being there isn't doing anything with your info if you do not connect to it. When you connect to it and login, it then allows TF to post to your FB page and then of course all the normal FB policies of info sharing apply. But with the button just being there doesn't do anything else to people who don't use it. Unless I am more computer incapable than I think and don't understand it. :)
Andrew

Ron and anyone else that doesn't see it (and wants to) do the hold CTRL and SHIFT and press R thing to load the new page data.

PS I have 3 Commodore 64s... but I think only one (or none?) work.

<me> Eliza anyone? Yes please!
<Eliza> You seem quite positive.
<me> Only because I have you to talk too...
<Eliza> Is it because you have me to talk to that you came here?
<me> Yes!
<Eliza> You seem quite positive.

Ahhh... the good ole days of "smart" computers. :p

will also show up if using the "Go Advanced" button to post a reply

Im mostly on twitter, so i dont use facebook.

I suft the forum pages with my blackberry, and since your facebook add, i cannot see the new topics. Its just a big blue spot :(

I logged in with facebook, but how do I disconnect my account?

From what I'm reading on other support boards you have to go into your TerraForums profile and unlink it there and go to your facebook account and unlink from TF.

If you don't link to facebook there should be none of the problems that have been voiced as a concern.

Back