What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Input concerning possible seed restrictions

SgtSarracenia

Sgt Sarracenia
Hello all. Once I read the info concerning the possible seed restrictions in the EU it got me wondering about the future. They have been cracking down on animal regs for the last 25 years and have really been a detriment in the last 5-10 years. Now it is hitting the plants. I would like to hear from some of our international members about what is really going on with it. We in the US hear what we see in international news and online articles. What do you all know actually having the possible laws affecting you all locally? Hopefully this is all being blown out of proportion, but I fear that it may not and the future of ALL plants and flora may be greatly restricted. This does not just affect CP's, this is from the bottom up including vegetables, even within the same country. This could be a detriment to a countries ability to feed their families and not just a concern for CP growers. I know first hand what restrictions can do to a collection and business community. This could affect a whole economy. I just want to get a feel for what is really going on, and if there is anything that we as members can do to affect the outcome. Also, if there is a an online site or article that lays out the proposed restrictions in more detail, please let me know.

Thanks for looking

Im not sure they are taking it seriously or not. From what I am understanding the local farmers and small communities in the EU are concerned about their ability to get or exchange seeds or crops. I guess only time will tell.

Wow, poor guy. However, I do see the reasoning behind it on an agricultural stance with the patent. From what I have been able to pick up from the EU proposal, it will affect the small farmer just trying to feed their family as well as the trading of hobby seeds between collectors. Correct me if I am wrong, There have been a number of articles concerning the proposal and they all seem to have a slightly different view or spin as to what it will involve.

Back