What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

help with photoperiod

hey all just need a little help with some photoperiod stuff. I have some sarracenia flava var maximas and their seedlings, a couple leuco tarnoks, a purpurea, a sarracenia ladybug, 2 venus flytraps, and a drosera rotundifolia. they are on my back porch now and get 3 hours of direct sunlight a day from 230 to about 530 and all seem to be happy. I am however not getting much red from my purpureas, fly traps, or sundew. I realize some plants dont turd red but Im thinking 3 hours isnt enough for the plants I have. My front yard has direct sun from about noon till 6 or 7. so about say 6 hours of direct sunlight.

I guess the question is should I move out front? if so could the plants handle An immediate transition? I dont wanna kill em if they seem pretty happy, they just may benefit from more sun.

Three hours of sun really isn't enough. I'd go with the front yard.

The more sun most red plants get, the redder they are. I imagine it would hold true for CPs as well. Btw you are not talking about the photoperiod. Your plants are getting around a 15 hour photoperiod right now, but only 3 hours of direct sun. Unless you keep a light on at night in which case you functionally lengthen the photoperiod. Photoperiod is strictly the length of the day.

yeah i figured i wasnt getting enough, i never realized i was only getting 3 hours though. to the front they go!

Back