What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Allen Lowerie Group Order Interest

best of luck with the seed. i ordered a few sets of seed from him. either they were old or damaged during transit. i've got nothing so far....

Yes, if one does their due diligence, those who report good germination from Allen Lowerie seeds purchase only recent additions in his update list.

Unfortunately Tamlin isn't around to talk some sense into you people. You may want to do some research on other boards about buying seeds from this source.

A little harsh, perhaps. I guess it's my fault, a little, for assuming that the source must be good if a group order were being organized. But never have I needed sense talked into me. A simple FYI would be sufficient. Good to know about picking recent additions. Glad I was informed.

I will review and revise my choices.

Unfortunately Tamlin isn't around to talk some sense into you people. You may want to do some research on other boards about buying seeds from this source.
While I can't / won't pretend to know NaN's intentions, I suspect that it has more to do with the issues Tamlin raised in this post than concerns about seed germination. For some additional reading on this topic, head over here...

At a minimum, it probably makes sense to have an idea about what you're purchasing and from whom you are purchasing prior to the actual purchase rather than after.

Last edited:
Forget it. I'll just go buy some RC gear.

Folks, my computer is crippled, and all I have to connect with is an iPhone. 3. It is slow, and it doesn't do forum searches very well.

A simple "heads up" would have done fine. Again, I do NOT need any "sense" talked into me.

Also, it is the stance of TF that we do not support the official organization of group orders, publicly or privately. This is because of the difficulty and the necessity of group collaboration and money changing hands and the level of accountability necessary of all individuals involved. We have seen it go bad before and so the decision was made to not allow it.
Thanks for understanding,
Andrew

A simple "heads up" would have done fine.
If you're referring to my post, I thought that's exactly what it was - a simple "heads up". If people are going to purchase seeds/tubers from Allen, understand that there are a number of people who have strong feelings about their origin. By providing links to the threads, everyone can read the posts & decide for themselves**. I feel this information's value is significantly higher when assessed prior to a purchase rather than after.

As for your comment about "sense", since it appears that you have it in abundance, feel free to send some my way - I can always use some ... :-D

** FYI - Lance's link is to the same thread as in my post - but his doesn't start at the beginning

I was unaware of this when I made the post.....

But is not a TC culture, one that can be multiplied limitlessly, better than seeds that will probably never germinate against mother nature?

Better in a jar, than extinct. Although, we could solicit George Church. If he has time to bring back the pigeon, he should have some spare drones to take up work on extinct carnivorous plants....

Last edited:
Ron, not so much. The boldest text did ruffle my whiskers a little (mostly because my researching capabilities have been dramatically stunted), most of it was a delayed reaction to Whim's remark. His thread has been up for a while, no one tried to stop us until now.

I'm just goig to go spend my money elsewhere. I need some computer cables, or servos, or.....

Last edited:
Also, it is the stance of TF that we do not support the official organization of group orders, publicly or privately. This is because of the difficulty and the necessity of group collaboration and money changing hands and the level of accountability necessary of all individuals involved. We have seen it go bad before and so the decision was made to not allow it.
Thanks for understanding,
Andrew

This should be added to the TerraForum Rules as well as the Trading Post Rules.

lol chibs new thread prob shouldnt exist eh?

lol chibs new thread prob shouldnt exist eh?

what new thread ???
The one I'm asking about nep seed in?
guess it really should be in the nep area, not general discussions

you just edited it completely lol it was previously asking for people to jump in on a group order from wistuba....

shuuuuuush

you just edited it completely lol it was previously asking for people to jump in on a group order from wistuba....

:lac:

Back