What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

And yet another vintage camera lens thread

• Thread starter chibae
  • Start date

chibae

An orchid fancier with a CP problem
This with a 100mm f4 mf macro

blswtjgp-13.jpg

Attachments

• blswt.jgp-13.jpg
    blswt.jgp-13.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 22
just what the forum needed :awesome:

I always find thesse in a bush im my garden well not always only certain time of year but they never fail and they are huge dont they turn into thoose giant moths. I saw a pray mantis munching on one but once a little juices came out from the wound it just stoped i think it tasted bad to it.

Looks like a Tobacco Hornworm Caterpillar from what I remember from my long ago (40's & 50's) childhood summers on my grandparents farm in North Carolina. If the horns are black, it is a tomato hornworm; if red, it is a tobacco hornworm. When they grow up and pupate they become Sphinx Moths. Nice picture - is this a juvenile or an adult? Adults get to about 6" long and could wipe out a sar collection overnight :^{

I don't how to tell juvie's from adults. this one, and it's partner, were in the veggie patch. The first I've seen here without being parasitized.

each segment has an eyeball LOL....

Back