What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sad sight to come home to yesterday morning

I am so sorry DJ!

Thank you Heather. Add Appalachian Spring, "Red minor" hybrid, a catesbaei, two VFTs, and some sundews to the list of casualties. Good news is they did not raid the bog last night after a 3-night run, but instead discovered the huge trap-door snails in one of my water barrels...I can live with that and thinking of keeping that barrel supplied with snails. Also, a neighbor who has no problem dispatching the little varmits took care of a couple of them.

Sorry to hear about all the damage, that is one of the best looking bog gardens I've ever seen! You just need some extra large nepenthes like Sam's 'Caesar' (Merrilliana x Truncata) to take care of the babies ;-)

Oh, man... I've had the same issue with rabbits chomping all the plants on the deck, which is why my carnivores are on the railing and my Passiflora caerulea is wrapped in netting. Those bunnies are not nice. All the black-eyed susans that were growing were gone in a day. I hate to see more things like it. I sure hope your plants recover!

Oh wow, how depressing :( Can you use just plain hardware cloth to keep them out? I'll be throwing out some mesh next year to keep the birds off my berries, I imagine something like that would be feasible with non electrified wire, even though it would be rather ugly >.<

Back