What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Revised" Savage Garden

pappydew

I hate bugs. Carnivorous plants get me.
Apologies if this has been brought up in discussion before as I haven't been to the site in a while.

But I'm curious if anyone has picked up a copy of the newly published Savage Garden and whether it's worth the "upgrade" in literature. Apparently it was put out July 2nd, and I only found out about it because I stumbled upon an online vendor website that is selling it.

This updated edition covers changes in soil and fertilizer products; water quality updates; advances in artificial lighting; new information on transplanting, pot sizes, and plant grooming; and the many incredible new species of carnivorous plants that have been discovered and hybridized, including a dozen new sun pitchers and over 50 tropical pitcher plants.

I bought it, and its well worth acquiring. Lots of great new data.

I bought it, and its well worth acquiring. Lots of great new data.

What was changed? I took a quick look at the preview on Amazon and it seemed identical to the first edition.

More data added, and some things have been updated. I can't remember what all got changed, but the Drosera section is definitely bigger, and a few others. I haven't yet read mine through cover-to-cover.

I thumbed through it at the book store. I felt it was basically the same. Reading through it I found some updates but the new info almost felt like a revised last sentence.

That said I still will buy it in the near future. I have a soft copy of the first book. Want the paper version this time.

Back