What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anything that goes BANG!

Nice bunch, Av! Thanks for sharing.

What's FnFAL?

Deleted

Last edited:
Caveat, there are a lot of DIY rebuilds out there in the American Market built by people who don't have a clue what they are doing.
Sometimes with dangerous headspace issues.

yep, though the design is roughly similar to an AR(which was designed in the same time period) its different enough that not everyone can just screw together the parts and come up with an OK FAL......if you have a good FAL you have an outstanding 308(7.62x51 NATO) based rifle, yes its on the heavy side but all semi auto 308 rifles are.....BUT if you have one of the cheap ones put together in the 80's and 90's than as he says it can be unreliable at best, dangerous at worst......

Here's a pic of my 21" Noveske N6 (7.62x51) tackdriver. It's currenlty outfitted with a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x50 scope.

Top drawer stuffs Don,
I have a rifle that scope would fit on very nicely indeed, but so do you LOL :p

Hello everyone,
This is a good topic for me. I shot competition for a few years. Got sidetracked for awhile
Here's a pic of one of many. I may post some more later
BushmasterCarbine.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a pic of my 21" Noveske N6 (7.62x51) tackdriver. It's currenlty outfitted with a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x50 scope.

ok i need your firearms budget :drool: :headwall: tried to convince the wife to let me sell one of the shotguns she won to buy a Shiloh Sharps......

Top drawer stuffs Don,
I have a rifle that scope would fit on very nicely indeed, but so do you LOL :p
Thanks, Butch. The wait for that rifle from Noveske was as long as the edwardsiana from AW. LOL
I'll try to post some of my other toys this weekend.
ok i need your firearms budget :drool: :headwall: tried to convince the wife to let me sell one of the shotguns she won to buy a Shiloh Sharps......
I'm broke because of that hobby. :-( I hear my wallet cry every time I pull the trigger. LOL
I have to buy a Dillon and start reloading. Can't afford to buy ammo anymore...

Definitely some tacticool toys in this thread!!! Don that N6 is a beast man I almost went with the UBR on my .308 but went the Vltor instead.
CAM00103.jpg

Didn't see a lot of pistols in this thread so thought I'd put up my FNX-45
DSC_0040.jpg

I am going to look into reloading, myself. My ammo is cheap-ish, and that's a long ish, at 60 cents each. It adds up fast, though. Not as fast a the bigger stuff, I know!

Reloading is great, if you have the patience and attention to detail for CPs then you can easily reload. I reload for all my rifles, and need to start for my .45...

Shooting tight groups is an addiction, and "rolling your own" ammo and then doing it is a serious kick!

This is 3 shots, at 200 yards from my Savage, with my own loads.

I looked it up, and I'd be saving about 27 cents per round, plus the added benefit of being able to optimize them to get teh best performance from my *ahem* carbine. Kinda like hot-rodding a Geo Metro, but it's all I have for now. :p

sweet target calc freeware:
http://www.ontargetshooting.com/download1.html

flash video tutorial: http://www.ontargetshooting.com/videos/ontargetdemo2.html

Just noticed tutorial leaves out an important step, you have to "calibrate" the software to the scale of the image.
Simple step if the target has one inch gridlines... but if your target doesn't. Measure a put a couple ref points on the target one inch apart before you take a pic of it. Set your scale based on those ref points.

It makes more sense after you do it once, its all explained in the step by step guide iirc.

;-)
Av

Last edited:
if your gonna reload pick up a copy of "Metalic Cartridge Handloading: Pursuit of the Perfect Cartridge" by Mic Mcpherson.....i met Mic a couple week ago an while his book is not a reloading manual in that it does not have loads for cartridges it does have a heck of alot of info ive not seen in any on my reloading manuals, including alot of pictures of why you need to pay darn close attention to everything from primer selection to inspecting new cases.....it is worth every penny.....

http://www.amazon.com/Metallic-Cart...&qid=1377466964&sr=1-1&keywords=mic+mcpherson

Will do. Thanks.

Av, I'd hate to see what the software says about my targets. :headwall: Still bad, bad, bad. I really need someone who knows what they're doing to shoot it, and see what they get.

Back