What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anything that goes BANG!

what optic is that? i picked up a second generation Vortex Strikefire red/green dot sight....

what optic is that? i picked up a second generation Vortex Strikefire red/green dot sight....

that's exactly what it is Vortex Strikefire red/green dot + night vision.

thats what i thouhgt but one of the Aimpoints looks real close, not to mention the cheap chinese copies....

cool, competitions are always fun and a good way to chat with other gun nuts(and usually get to shoot other peoples rifles :) ) i never take them seriously but love going to them......if nothing else anything that leads to more trigger time is always good....

Exactly. :D

Eventually I'd like to give these guys some more focused competition, but I have a long ways to go to get there. Practice, practice, practice! I'm going to look into getting a 22 rifle for the initial training, it's MUCH cheaper. 100 rds/ weekend makes $240/ month for the carbine, and $40/ month for a 22 lr. Easy math. ;)

I killed zombie Santa with my 22
6320022502_cdd07b9edf_b.jpg

Now that's shooting below the belt..... Ha!

How far away?

Exactly. :D

Eventually I'd like to give these guys some more focused competition, but I have a long ways to go to get there. Practice, practice, practice! I'm going to look into getting a 22 rifle for the initial training, it's MUCH cheaper. 100 rds/ weekend makes $240/ month for the carbine, and $40/ month for a 22 lr. Easy math. ;)

a 10/22 is a good place to be if Commiefornia hasnt outlawed them cause they are semi auto....love mine, prolly the best plinking rifle in existence plus you can customize them like crazy and do all the work yourself and not pay a gun smith....also have a Savage 93 bolt action but its in 17HMR not 22 but you can get them in it....very accurate gun aswell

Not outlawed just yet. Verrrry close, though. :cuss:

Part of a post from yesterday's match:

honorable mentions from a busy match:
- vince quite successfully ran the course with his BAR
- daniel also got his surprisingly good looking commie rifle working pretty well
- katie owned the near plate but her M1 carbine ran out of steam past that
:awesome:

I am looking more seriously into getting something more reliable out to 200 yds, as well as an affordable 22 lr to practice with.

Woohoo, congrats on the honorable mention Katie, you must of done well :)
That has to help the confidence level!

I don't know much about Art, but I know he's a cop, and by some comments he made yesterday, a Marine. The comment was funny, and I liked it. We had just finished bringing in the steels when the rain started coming down in buckets. He said: "Now this is good day, for a Marine." I had to agree, it would have been very fun playing in the rain, it was warm. Alas, my carbine started turning colors in just the few sprinkles it got. I should get that AR, they're like Timexes.

I'm thinking realy hard about selling the carbine so that I can get that AR lower. I'd be basically trading one semi-auto for a better one. I'm told that you can get a wood stock and stuff for it, so it doesn't look as ugly.

an AR with a wood stock looks wierd.....dont get me wrong i love blued steel and walnut more than most but an AR is a plastic/black gun....course you can always go this route too: http://duracoat-firearm-finishes.com/

BENGAL.jpg

LADY_AMSTRIPE.jpg

I was seriously considering doing a custom like that, in tie dye.

First thing's first, I gotta get one. I'll go cheap, first, and then accessorize and upgrade as I can.

Funding and budget as it is, and impending new laws, I plan to first get the lower, and then wait for a bit as I get a decent 22 lr to learn on. As I plink away on that I'll be spending very little on ammo, so I can save up and finish the AR and get other necessities, like a usable spotting scope (needed if I'm shooting 22, for sure!), a mat, competition sling, etc. The jacket will need upgrading soon, too. It doesn't fit me very well, and at the minimum needs altering. Glad it was cheap.

i bought the stripped upper and lower for the AR i put pictures up of in March of last year and finally finished it less than 2 weeks ago...i bought a matched set which you dont have to do.....like you say, soon as you get that part the hard part is over, everything else can be done in pieces over time and can be sent t you....

I'm hoping htat someone in the club is an FFL that wouldn't mind helping me out a little. Otherwise I'll have to go through a shop, and have to pay more.

new toy......friend of mine is a gun writer, saw in one of his articles in a magazine this month that he had one of the low end Gen 1 night vision rifle scopes.....called him up and asked him what he thought of it and he said since he wasnt going to be using it in the near future why doesnt he just box it up and send it to me to check out for myself :D showed up today

Rattler, cool!

Folks, what would be a good offer for this Ruger. I'm kind-of looking for one, actually, and this one was offered before I could even ask.

Greenmountain 10/22 Running Boar Target Barrel Blue Long Rifle 22" Barrel
KIDD Innovation Design Trigger Job Kit
KIDD Innovation Design Trigger Weight Turning Kit
Selectfire Polished Black Oxide coated Bolt Assembly
Selectfire Adjustable Barrel V-Block Kit
Selectfire Black Charge Handler and Spring assembly
Orignal Black Trigger Guard
Original Black Stock
Original Black Receiver
NDS-26 Rear Sight
NDS-23 Front Sight
Black Sling and Sling Swivels (Front and back - I drill and install them)

I will put a set of AIM Scope Ring (high) and an AIM 4x scope, a soft rifle bag. I only shoot this rifle around 50 rounds.

this is with no research...

you can pick up a new 10/22 for around $160
most Green Mountain barrels for a 10/22 i see run between $85-120(havent heard of that particular model)
IIRC the KIDD trigger stuff is around $45
IIRC upfrades like the Select fire stuff is another $60 total

no clue on those sights and ofcourse ive got no clue on round count/shape of everything.....were i in the market for a 10-22 someone else had built like that(not knowing anything about the sights), in good shape and a low round count.....prolly offer $300-325.....but thats me though im dont usually start with someone eles work on something like this but low $300 based on what i remember on prices of the parts i wouldnt consider an insault....might be a bit low but would be a starting point on negotiations....

Back