What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anything that goes BANG!

should add those prices are all new if my memory is right....how used depends on how far down you go....you can search on ebay and find people selling alot of the individual parts and get an idea for yourself what they go for

Will do.

I'll find out if this setup is in the right direction, too, of where I want to go.

yeah there are lots of ways to take a 10-22....and like i said there are a number of parts there im not 100% sure off....could be those are $300 sights, i dont know....

i want a second 10-22 a friend of mine picked up one of the take downs and now i want one too :D

82646.jpg

not a target shooting gun but a great one to live under the backseat of the truck out of the way.....cant customize it as much as the regular versions at the moment either....bt for what it is its really neat

I'm not sure the takedown is legal in CA. I doubt it. :-/

no clue......its pretty new, think it came out last year so i havent seen alot of them around so you may just not have seen one.....ive only shot one, seen just a handful on dealers shelves.....but its a pretty dedicated rig for a certain application.....would not trade my current 10-22 for it, want this one in addition to it for a dedicated truck 22 that lives in it 24/7/365 other than the occasions i need it.....so i know i always have one there....im constantly moving guns in and out of the truck and occasionally have got caught where i could really use one and for got to grab one on the way out the door cause i wasnt planning on using one....

I have seen precious few different guns as yet. Still working on growing that list of what I've seen. I saw a BAR, or at least a BAR replica Saturday. Was a hoot. Had no chance shooting against it with my little carbine, but I sure tried!

Thanks, AV, and thanks. I would have been fine memorializing that conversation here, yanno. ;) But thanks for checking in, I really appreciate it, making sure that I know what I'm getting into. :hug:

I'm fairly sure that I am. I think.

ive never shot a BAR or been around one being shot so you have something on me....

Being only 30-06, it still shook the walls. It certainly left an impression on me. I'd just LOVE to see a 50 cal shoot some day. I have an inert round, and even a bullet pendant, but I'd just like to see one.

It's time for me to contribute to this thread. It would almost be a crime for anyone from Oklahoma not to.

Behold.....
g1.jpg

^^ This is my SKS with bayonet deployed ^^

g2.jpg

g3.jpg

g4.jpg

^^ I keep those hollow points in the mag....because, you never know.....

nice, i had a Chinese made SKS but my brother has it now......very under appreciated rifle.......as rugged and reliable as the AK but usually more accurate.....guessing the one i had was a Vietnam or Korean War bring back cause it doesnt have half the markings most i see here in the states do that were imported to be sold like yours does....

Yeah I really like shooting this rifle when I get the chance. My grandpa bought it for me over 16 years ago intending to give it to me for my 15th birthday. Back then he bought 6 of these guns and paid $69 each for them at a gun show. Times have changed. . . . .

I met the owner of the Ruger 10-22 for a test shoot today. What fun! It's pretty darned accurate. I am most definitely getting it.

Here's the target, shot at 100 yards. I wasn't happy with the choice of target or paper. I couldn't see anything, just a white 8 1/2" x 11" rectangle. I was having issues with the elevation, so I just used the windage marks in-scope. :awesome: I can have fun with this, and learn a lot.

I spent a little time at the range again yesterday. Again, 200 yards, this time with a decent spotting scope borrowed from the club and also a sweater stuffed under the jacket. HOT, but it helps a good deal.

I had a couple rounds left when the pistol match started, and they let me sneak in with the carbine and burn off those last rounds on a pistol target at about 50 yards. It was fun, but I couldn't see to aim; it's all white! It's different, indeed.

A friend of mine wanted me to go to the range with him yesterday to help zero a new scope set up....
I got up early as benches fill quickly on a Saturday, got all loaded up, then drove the 30 miles to range.

Note on gate "Closed due to Government Shutdown"
(US Forest Service public range, should have known, but hadn't given it a second thought)

DOH!
:blush:

A friend of mine wanted me to go to the range with him yesterday to help zero a new scope set up....
I got up early as benches fill quickly on a Saturday, got all loaded up, then drove the 30 miles to range.

Note on gate "Closed due to Government Shutdown"
(US Forest Service public range, should have known, but hadn't given it a second thought)

DOH!
:blush:

yea Butch that whole situation sucks man!!! anyways I just picked up another toy last night. Gen4 Glock 31 chambered in 357 SIG, love the round "has great barrier penetration" can't wait to head to the range tomorrow and let off a few :-D
20131006_163714.jpg

D'oh! So sorry to hear that. All our local ranges are privately owned, except for my favorite one down the road, county owned, publicly run.

I was having lots of rust issues on my daily carry... I've been in contact with the manufacture (Ruger) about it and they were happy to take the slide in, sand blast it, and re-blue it... Well, it's a special edition with laser etchings so I really wasn't up for that. I kinda dropped it and just dealt with rubbing the rust off daily which took up quite a bit of time. After talking with tons of people, I managed to find a small shop here that was willing to toss a coating of blue on top of the etchings, so I contacted Ruger and asked if they would be willing to just take it in and throw a layer over it... and I understood the etchings may be lighter and such- but as long as I could still see it I'd be "ok" with it. I got a reply back the next day with a message from a new person to call them. So I did. Phone tag time! She called back later to inform me, somehow she found a slide! So they sent it down, and I sent mine back.. I'm happy to say that the new one is darker so hopefully that means a better bluing, and so far I am having no issues.

the old (right) and new (left) slides. Looking at them makes you think it's the other way around... But I really feel like the darker color is just a better bluing, or maybe even and extra coat after it was etched. Who knows! I found some other indications that kinda made me feel like my old one wasn't quite "finished" but that may be just me looking for differences between the two. :p You can definitely see the dimples where the rust likes to grow down in the "shiny from flash" part of the slide.

IMG_4153.JPG

And the gun how it sits now

20131007_210827.jpg

I was having lots of rust issues on my daily carry... I've been in contact with the manufacture (Ruger) about it and they were happy to take the slide in, sand blast it, and re-blue it... Well, it's a special edition with laser etchings so I really wasn't up for that. I kinda dropped it and just dealt with rubbing the rust off daily which took up quite a bit of time. After talking with tons of people, I managed to find a small shop here that was willing to toss a coating of blue on top of the etchings, so I contacted Ruger and asked if they would be willing to just take it in and throw a layer over it... and I understood the etchings may be lighter and such- but as long as I could still see it I'd be "ok" with it. I got a reply back the next day with a message from a new person to call them. So I did. Phone tag time! She called back later to inform me, somehow she found a slide! So they sent it down, and I sent mine back.. I'm happy to say that the new one is darker so hopefully that means a better bluing, and so far I am having no issues.

the old (right) and new (left) slides. Looking at them makes you think it's the other way around... But I really feel like the darker color is just a better bluing, or maybe even and extra coat after it was etched. Who knows! I found some other indications that kinda made me feel like my old one wasn't quite "finished" but that may be just me looking for differences between the two. :p You can definitely see the dimples where the rust likes to grow down in the "shiny from flash" part of the slide.

I have had some rust issues with my all steel parkerized 1911, sweat would settle into the area where the grips meet the frame. I ended up having to just lightly coat that area pretty much every time I carried it. My daily carry is a Sig 2022 9mm, which has a stainless steel slide that is finished black. Sweat has coated that thing before, with no ill affects.

Back