What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

10th Annual Fall Carnivorous Plant Show

The 10th Annual Fall Carnivorous Plant Show

Sponsored by the New England Carnivorous Plant Society

Providence RI: The award winning New England Carnivorous Plant Society (NECPS) will again be

hosting the Fall Carnivorous Plant Show at the Roger Williams Park Botanical Center Providence

RI. Plant lovers and all those who enjoy something different will be able to get up close to hundreds
of carnivorous plants exhibited by the members of the NECPS. Featured plants will include pitcher
plants from Malaysia with traps the size of softballs that are capable of eating lizards and mice.
There will also be sundews from Australia ranging from the size of a dime to 12+ inches high and the
ever-popular Venus Fly trap. For you native plant lovers, NECPS will also display carnivorous plants
that grow locally in Rhode Island and throughout New England.

This is the largest collection of carnivorous plants displayed yearly on

the east coast and the most popular show at the Botanical Center.

Over 300 plants are scheduled to be on display!
Free seminars on growing and feeding carnivorous plants will be offered!

Lots of opportunities for photographers!

Visit the Venus Fly Trap feeding area where you can observe up close how these plants devour
insects. Plants and growing accessories will be available for purchase for both novice and
experienced growers from carnivorous plant vendors and the NECPS. The permanent carnivorous
plant bog exhibit will also be available for viewing. Society members will be present both days to
explain how the plants feed, what they eat, where they live, and how they can be grown and enjoyed
at home.

Admission to the show is FREE with the purchase of regular admission to the

Roger Williams Park Botanical Center

Admission to the RWP Botanical Center is $3 for adults

$1 Children 6 to 12, under 6 FREE
Dates and times: Saturday, September 28, 2013 from 11:00 AM till 4:00 PM

Sunday, September 29, 2013 from 10:00 AM till 3:00 PM

1 Floral Avenue
Providence, RI 02905

For additional information about this exciting upcoming event, please visit www.NECPS.org
Or email to johnatthebeach@cox.net
(Please note that this event is not located at the Zoo. The Botanical Center Greenhouses are
located across from the Providence Police Mounted Command station in the Park. Follow directional
signs located throughout the park or visit www.NECPS.org for directions.)

The New England Carnivorous Plant Society

PO Box 606 Saunderstown, RI 02874

Awesome can't wait. I will try to make it out there. Will there be a silent auction like during ICPS and can we bring our own plants?

I'm not sure if there's a silent auction planned or not. Anyone is welcome to bring their plants to show off. It's the same basic set up as the ICPS show, usually a row of "show plants" up the middle only it's in a greenhouse at the botanical garden.

Ok cool thanks, I remember there was some type of registry thing for plants we were bringing so that they could make labels.

Yup, same deal at the fall show.

Ok cool, will they put up the registration form on the site soon?

I assume so. You can always email John for specific details.

ok thanks

Awesome can't wait. I will try to make it out there. Will there be a silent auction like during ICPS and can we bring our own plants?

Silent auction is confirmed for NECPS members so get or renew your memberships now !

having a meeting like this in montreal is my dream ! i think we are 5-6 cps growers in quebec. Pretty sad :( kinda obscur hobby here.

Montreal isn't all that far from the show, 4-5 hour drive. Make a weekend out of it and come on down !

mhmm its true. I have to practice my English ! :blush:

You seem to know enough to get by. Only happens once a year !

you should come down, its a lot of fun.

I will try, i promise :) i will have to take the week-end off!

Back