What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some pics from the 2013 Canadian Reptile Breeder's Expo

Hey Y'all,

I took some time out of my incredibly busy University schedule (not really...) to go down to the Canadian Reptile Breeder's Expo in Mississauga this Sunday. Although the bus trip from Guelph was a bit long (3 Hours...) I did manage to spend about four hours around the expo checking out what was available. Lots of ball pythons and the like, but a couple interesting things are making their way into the hobby up here. I didn't pick anything up, but there were a couple things that tempted me!

T. corticale by Ineptphotographer, on Flickr

I. iguana (Blue form) by Ineptphotographer, on Flickr

C. calyptratus by Ineptphotographer, on Flickr

F. pardalis by Ineptphotographer, on Flickr

V. macraei by Ineptphotographer, on Flickr

Tarantula by Ineptphotographer, on Flickr

Owl by Ineptphotographer, on Flickr

F. pardalis by Ineptphotographer, on Flickr

M. viridis by Ineptphotographer, on Flickr

C. calyptratus by Ineptphotographer, on Flickr

V. panoptes by Ineptphotographer, on Flickr

P. curtus by Ineptphotographer, on Flickr

D. guianensis by Ineptphotographer, on Flickr

Philodryas sp. by Ineptphotographer, on Flickr

C. zebrata by Ineptphotographer, on Flickr

The full set with a few extra photos is available for viewing here:

http://flickr.com/gp/94076393@N02/76773k/

Most were taken with my 40mm Macro on my D5100, a couple were taken with the 70-300 and the Strobe for lighting.

Thanks for looking,

Gabriel

Your reptile expos are so much better than ours! The variety of what you photographed is amazing. All of the VA expos are just ball pythons and corn snakes. Occasionally there will be some lizards or amphibians.

For sure, there's some interesting stuff up here Graham, but there were also lots of Ball Pythons and Corns to wade through. I imagine if you went to a more niche expo like Hamburg would probably yield some more interesting finds. Plus, lots of these animals were just display and weren't actually for sale. But still, lots of fun stuff I'd never seen before, and that's why I go to the things in the first place.

The owl is awesome!

Sweet pics gab, what personalities
I think my fav is V. macraei

Thanks Maiden!

@Butch, I agree, a lot of reptiles have really great personalities. I especially liked the iguana at the very end. It seemed to have a bit of an attitude problem!

The V. macraei is a prize shot for me. I've been wanting to get a good shot of one of those for years. Finally got something worthy of my portfolio, I think.

Back