What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plant of the Month October 2013

Vote for the top 3 best!!

• chibae - dracula lotax

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • kulamauiman - sphagnum

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Whimgrinder - Cattleya hybrid

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Maiden - H.minor var minor 'cerro la luna'

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • theplantman - Mammillaria hahniana

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Edit: Yep i didnt know that.
I wonder if that red color came from the cold temperature, or the massive sunlight/tubes.

Last edited:
Maiden,moss is in the Kingdom Plantae I would say it qualifies

Hello hello :)
I think i will start the dance this month !

Heliamphora minor var minor 'cerro la luna'

9458660749_1647560888_b.jpg

Left plant is taller, so i choose this plant.

Thanks for watching :)

Cheers

Per rules 1 and 7
"1. Only ONE (1) Plant per member may be entered in any particular month. This means one Nep vine, one Sarr Rhizome, one pygmy dew etc."

"7. If, for some reason, a single pitcher/plant/whatnot cannot be isolated and a group shot is necessary, then the particular pitcher/plant/whatnot entered must be clearly identified in your post. "

Plants are nice. does make for a balanced picture. symmetry and all. Also fills the aspect of the frame better than one plant, but ..... This is the thing that I think about all the time taking pictures....

Last edited:
Edit

Last edited:
kulamauiman read my text again sweety, i said the LEFT plant.

indeed. that is what I mean. having to isolate one plant or select one is detracting form the whole. It would force one to end up with if but a single plant were used to detract from the over all composition of the photo. The aspect ratio of the plants do not lend themselves well to isolation in a landscape shot. ends up being the flower stalk of a pinguicula in the middle of the frame. Of course then you could switch over to portrait, or use similar framing as does Butch, but we are all artists and have our own creative vision.

Edit

Last edited:
No better genus for October than...

Dracula lotax

20131011_195425-1.jpg

Gonna bump this in case of any last-minute entries

Plant submissions are already closed.

Back