What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum upgrade... ugh

• Thread starter adnedarn
  • Start date
Don't hit me, I just need to see if that really fixed it. :p

ETA: Nope. I get one less error, but still something off.

Warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in ..../newreply.php on line 389

that error is known and being fixed. the other, I haven't seen. Although I have seen this double post thing at the latter part of today. *shrug*

and the cookie thing was for sundrew who couldn't stay logged in. ;)

Andrew,
I have cleared all TF cookies and relogged, and I am once again getting the following error after posting something:

Errors
The following errors occurred with your submission

This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 29 seconds.

However, it appears that my submission went through in spite of the error message, so its more of a nuisance factor than a show-stopper. Just FYI.

I tried to post the day you did the upgrade and I got this when trying to post:
ScreenShot2013-10-10at41612PM_zps91b4fdd9.png

Its all good now though. :-D

made a change... I'm curious if that solves it or if it still occurs. (the time limit issue)
Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm still getting the 30 second warning message and a messed up output as shown above on quick replies.

I get the messed up display on "go advanced" replies. Well, guess we just have to wait for the fixes to come out. It seems to me, looking through all the reported stuff that these errors are all related and on the fix for next release. Now when is that? ???

Here's an error on the chat box:

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.
Terra Forums Carnivorous Plant Discussions

The following appears after each post:
Warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in ..../newreply.php on line 389

At least your server is linux based. Yay.

When I post content to an existing thread, I get an error message that says "This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 29 seconds.". I still have the activity circling arrow and the screen does not refresh. I tried sending it again from a new instance of the page with the same results. From a 3rd instance of the page Iadded a title and it accepted it with the "Thanks for posting" message and then to the new page showing that it had in fact accepted all 3 replies.

It appears that the post goes through without resetting the page.

Is there a way for me to delete the extra messages? They have been edited.

!@#$%^&*

Last edited:
Okay it seems to happen when using "Post Quick Reply"!! Just tried to post this and got the same 30 second yadda- yadda went to "Go Advanced" hit send and away it went. "thanx 4 postin" refreshed page with new message-as it should be\\/s.

Wasn't fast enough to read the error in the upper right corner of the"Thanks page before it went away. Will try to capture it when posting this.

The error shown on the "thanks 4 postin" page starts with "Warning:Only variables should be passed by reference in ..../rewr" didn't get the whole page when screen picture was taken with phone.

the rest of it "newreply.php on line 309"

I got strange errors messages too when i login from my pc and i post a reply, but the post is working.

And from my android, its perfect.

I've got double posting with Microsoft Surface RT as well as home pc. Thought it was only the former but now on pc and is getting the same issue as afrodisa. No problem with posting with mobile.

Wasn't fast enough to read the error in the upper right corner of the"Thanks page before it went away. Will try to capture it when posting this.
Just posted a quick reply to a Nep thread & received this error:

It redirected me back to where I should be - so it seems it's a minor issue that show's something is not quite right in the bowels of the forum code ....
------
Edit - there was a slightly different message when I posted above (there was an add'l line of test).
------
2nd edit:
Well, guess we just have to wait for the fixes to come out. It seems to me, looking through all the reported stuff that these errors are all related and on the fix for next release.
Sorry - I didn't see this the 1st time around --- oooops.

Back