What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm badder than the buck was

• Thread starter chibae
  • Start date

chibae

An orchid fancier with a CP problem
While out today in a local state park I had a wildlife "encounter". I was walking on a trail that ran along the main access road. There was a wide section of grass and a dirt road between where I was walking and the woods. I saw a rather large whitetail near the woods. It ran into the woods, I kept walking.

A short time later a large four point buck came out of the woods. It may have been the same deer I saw running, not sure if it was or not. I stopped and the deer stopped. The deer then got into a challenging pose and with a lowered head started to approach me, stopping to snort and shake it's head a little.

So, even though the use of a flash really would blow out my pictures, and I didn't take the time to reset my iso, shutter speed etc, I fired away as quick as the flash could recycle. Pictures suck but it worked. He pulled his head up, turned quickly and ran off parallel to the woods.

He may not have carried out his challenge, but I've witnessed deer "treeing" people on their cars in parking lots around here. So I figured it was best to be proactive.

ahhhh from somone who just spent the last 10 days in the woods for hunting season to get nothing i would sooooooooo love this haha

Too bad the pics didn't come out. Would have been some awesome shots. :D

:pics: or it didn't happen :p

Alternative title: The buck stops here.

I want to see the pictures too, even if blurry. :)

Back