What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

for those that have always wanted to mess with Photoshop or other Adobe products

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
but thought they were to expensive, Adobe changed how they do things.....we had to upgrade for the newspapers(we have been upgrading every other release) and discovered they are no longer selling boxed programs, instead they are doing Adobe Creative Cloud....you can download and use Photoshop CC and Lightroom 5 for $9.99 a month or for $49.99 a month you have access to all of Adobe's programs.....havent decided if i like it as we usually bought Creative Suite but on the other hand that didnt come with everything and now i can play with some programs ive been wanting too.....

http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud.html

https://creative.adobe.com/products

No need to pay at all. CS2 is free to download. It's around 10 years old, but there are few things that hobbyists use Photoshop for that CS2 can't handle.

Agree with carbonetc; unless you rely in CS as a work tool you use daily/weekly, it makes little sense to buy in to the Cloud CS model, since two years worth of subscription will equal the cost of buying one of the standalone products like Lighroom. CS2 is, as carbon mentioned, a free tool. I am still using CS4 and have no need for any of the more advanced features. I do, however, have Lightroom 4 and at its price point, I don't think there is a better photographers editor out there. If I am ever faced to pay for a subscription version of LR, I will stop buying the Adobe product.

whole lot of other products there too though for a $50 try out feeinstead of the old spending $800 just to try out.....was just throwing it out there cause i know alot of people think about the programs but dont like the high price.....we were upgrading for our newspapers which is how i found out they went to this and for basically what a copy of Elements costs at Costco you can have the new full version of Photoshop AND Lightroom for a year....know im getting to play with programs that werent in the normal creative suite the paper normally bought such as Audition and Premier Pro for audio and video stuff because we need Indesign which doesnt come with the $10 package.........

BTW not insinuating anyone NEEDS this.....hell vast majority of people dont use 80% of what Elements is capable of......just threw this out there cause for $50 for one month you can try all of Adobe's products.....if your into this kind of stuff and on a budget that is a hell of a deal......do most need it? heck no......but its there....

BTW not insinuating anyone NEEDS this.....hell vast majority of people dont use 80% of what Elements is capable of......just threw this out there cause for $50 for one month you can try all of Adobe's products.....if your into this kind of stuff and on a budget that is a hell of a deal......do most need it? heck no......but its there....

But its not that simple - you have to commit to a minimum one year subscription. From the Cloud CS info page: "Requires annual commitment; billed monthly" So its not like you get to just try it for a month to see if you like the tools. Just FYI.

missed that.....the wife just sent me the link to download for my computers.....didnt mean to mislead anyone....

still if one was considering buying the latest Elements....the Photoshop/Lightroom package aint bad.....does suck that it aint yours but it will always be up to date....

No need to pay at all. CS2 is free to download. It's around 10 years old, but there are few things that hobbyists use Photoshop for that CS2 can't handle.

Agree with carbonetc; unless you rely in CS as a work tool you use daily/weekly, it makes little sense to buy in to the Cloud CS model, since two years worth of subscription will equal the cost of buying one of the standalone products like Lighroom. CS2 is, as carbon mentioned, a free tool. I am still using CS4 and have no need for any of the more advanced features. I do, however, have Lightroom 4 and at its price point, I don't think there is a better photographers editor out there. If I am ever faced to pay for a subscription version of LR, I will stop buying the Adobe product.

Sorry to burst your bubble but CS2 is not free despite the dozens of blogs and other websites claiming otherwise. Adobe amended the website and you need to be a registered Adobe customer to access the downloads page. Once you access the page it clearly states the downloads are for custmers who have previously purchased a valid license for the software.

Sorry to burst your bubble but CS2 is not free despite the dozens of blogs and other websites claiming otherwise. Adobe amended the website and you need to be a registered Adobe customer to access the downloads page. Once you access the page it clearly states the downloads are for custmers who have previously purchased a valid license for the software.

My girlfriend downloaded CS2 last week from the Adobe site. Totally free. No catches. If they amended it, they must have just done it.

GIMP is a really great free photoshop alternative for light use: http://www.gimp.org/

I refuse to purchase monthly plans for Adobe software, I'm currently only a Lightroom user, so I'm fine for now, but I see bad things in the future of single payment purchases.

Back