What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calling 2

• Thread starter Dexenthes
  • Start date

Dexenthes

Aristoloingulamata
Hey guys,

I just busted this song out yesterday and today. This is sort of my first legit venture into electronica. I'd love any feed back positive or negative.

Thanks guys.

https://soundcloud.com/pmjj/calling-2

Last edited:
Electronica!
Nice to see that you are working with it! I like the attempt!
Here are some suggestions, remember, these are just suggestions. Try them out, if you like it, Cool! if not, that's cool too. :D

*Try a softer voice: female or your own voice in falsetto or maybe whispers. Either way, try an "airy" quality.
*Your words are good and well chosen but try cutting back on vocals a little in 0.55 to 1.44.
*Use sounds that are less generic (piano/clap/harpsichord) or distort them slightly to make them less familiar. I like the other more unusual sounds you are using.
*Try this arrangement: attach 0.00-0.54 to 1.43. Then let it ride from 1.43 through 3.38. At 3.38 slip in 0.55, let it ride to 1.43 then attach to 3:40 and let it ride to the end. Hope that made sense.

You have a good start going! I hope the constructive feedback is helpful and keep working with Electronica! :D

You seem excited about electronica! Thank you for the critical feed back, it is helpful. I had a cold while recording those vocals so ultimately I am open to critique on them. I like some parts of them but I could sit there for another 2 hours straight before I get what I actually want to hear...

I am somewhat limited with the sounds that I have. This is something I would like to change. It all just takes money and time though... I like classic sounds like the piano and clap, I am not sure I will take those out ever. :p

Someday hopefully it will be a grand Piano and a room full of people clapping.

I appreciate your advice and critique thank you. I am already on to my next project! :O

Back