What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting import permits

I appreciate the info for CITES Appendix II, naoki. I do believe you are required to have special permitting for importing any Appendix I plants but I don't claim to be certain. Maybe this is just a commercial requirement? And nimbulan, I wasn't aware that flytraps were on Appendix II. This would seem to indicate that there are no restrictions for interstate transport in the US for this group of plants.

Last edited:
O.k., it has finally sunk in that there is a lot more info on this thread than just that in the last few weeks. :oops: I am going to read the whole thing and see what I can understand from it all. Perhaps we can summarize what has been stated already. I doubt the laws have changed much since the thread began.

I think most of the information is regarding how to apply for the permits, how long it takes, and who you have to talk to if there's problems. I haven't been able to find any concrete information here or elsewhere about the necessity of a CITES import permit for various plants.

Back