What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

thez_yo

instigator
Everything looks terrible because it's winter and I don't believe in artificial lighting, but here goes:

D.graomo

N.macrophylla

N.spectabilis x talangensis

N.sibuyanensis x xtrusmadiensis

N.densiflora x robcantleyii (King of Spades)

P.gigantea (afaik)

some other Ping flower

N.aristolochioides

mystery Dew and a Ceph pulling

D.lasiantha

another mystery Dew and some sphag

Phal mutt blooming

nep seed

N.robcantleyii

N.(veitchii x lowii) x campanulata

N.alata variegata

N.thorelli x campanulata

N.ventricosa x inermis

The N.platychila looming over everything

N.bongso MT clone

N.villosa

N.flava

VFTs sprouting

Brocchinia hechtioides pups after the main plant bloomed last year

S.umlauftiana bud

the understory

N.spathulata x hamata and ventricosa x hamata growing in

N.eymae x jacquelineae

N.dubia AW SG

N.inermis growing in

S.flava ornata growing in

Damn Thez! Very Nice! I really like the macro and villosa, are you doing any special treatment for those two?

They look pretty good to me, but mine look pretty awful since the heat went out in the greenhouse and it was at least three days before I figured it out. I've finally killed off all of my drosera!!!

Daaang! Nice stuff Zu. Your highland Neps are looking fantastic. Your N. aristolochioides is perfect...

Those all look great. If I lived in California, I don't think I would believe in artificial lighting, either.

It is the only thing you get for free there anyway! :p

Nice plants! So many Nepenthes.

I just leave them out and water them when they need it. Temps/humidity? Look up weather for San Diego haha.

It's true...

San Diego is almost a haven for highland Nepenthes growing! With just a little more annual rainfall you could even naturalize them. I wonder if some of the dry season tolerant indochinese Nepenthes could even be grown as yard plants with very little maintenance.

I just leave them out and water them when they need it. Temps/humidity? Look up weather for San Diego haha.

Man I wish I could say the same. In Los Angeles County, my Nepenthes don't pitcher outside and I've lost a few Drosera after I forgot to water them after a heat wave.

Much of the coastal areas of California provide good highland conditions for Carnivorous Plants.

Amazing plants Thez. OMG...ur villosa is soooo cute. lol! Not to mention the aristo and other neps. They have definitely grown a lot from what I remember a few years ago when u started. :D Great job.<textarea id="adlesse_unifier_magic_element_id" style="display: none;"></textarea>

Luv the field of lazy anthers!

Much of the coastal areas of California provide good highland conditions for Carnivorous Plants.

I live on the coast in CA, just north of SF. The daytime temps right now have been in the 40s-60s. If I wanted to place mine outside to collect some bugs would I have to wait until summer or when the daytime temps up here get above the 70s?

I know they can tolerate low nighttime temps..

Thanks everybody :)

Amazing plants Thez. OMG...ur villosa is soooo cute. lol! Not to mention the aristo and other neps. They have definitely grown a lot from what I remember a few years ago when u started. :D Great job.<textarea id="adlesse_unifier_magic_element_id" style="display: none;"></textarea>

Isn't it? I've had it for 5 years and it's still that small LOL. But hey, it hasn't died yet.
And thanks :) :) The aristo, mikei, glabrata and tenuis have started vining now too - maybe they all just wanted some more shade (from the platychila). Maybe I should take it as a hint to move the jacquie and flava behind the tenuis too hmmmmmm..

Great update Thez_Yo!

Nice to see your healthy and happy plants flourishing there on your balcony. :)

dvg

amazing plants thez! you really do have a magic balcony! How are your other campy hybrids doing? I would love to see a pic update :)

Back