What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

January in Japan

Dear All,

Konnichiwa!

I found the video by chance several days ago.
Scott-san wants to share this video anywhere.

I cannot believe the video was created by a tourist (Scott Gold-san). The reasons were commented by a few people there. Please enjoy the video on a big screen.
Very nice music, too.

Hopefully, some of you are going to visit Japan.

Kind regards from the Far East

懐かしい! 去年の夏休みに二週間ぐらい行ったのですが、素晴らしいところですね。 富士山も登りました。

Dear Tanukimo-san,

Konnichiwa!

"Tanukimo" means aquatic Utricularia (or Utricularia australis) in Japanese.
So I have guessed you were able to use Japanese language.
Did you visit any cp habitat?

Lechenaultiaさん、

こんにちは! I wasn’t able to visit any, because I was too busy sightseeing and i didn’t know about any habitats except for the Aldrovanda pond in Hanyu City. I Didn’t have a chance to visit that because I only spent a few hours in Tokyo before my flight back.

Do you have any places you would recommend if I go next time?

Dear Tanukimo-san,

Konnichiwa!

If you stay in Tokyo, you can make a day trip to see the Aldrovanda pond. It is approximately 30 minutes by car from the Aldrovanda pond to my house.
It is a 2 day trip to see the Pinguicula ramosa habitat. If you are a good walker, it is possible to visit this in one day.
In fact, after the ICPS conference in 2002, the official excursion was to see Pinguicula ramosa. The next day, as a post excursion, some delegates visited the Aldrovanda pond, after that they rested in my greenhouse.

Lechenaultiaさん、

こんにちは! I will try to visit if I ever go to Japan again. I'll try to get in touch with you if I do. By the way, I found this site with a list of carnivorous plants in Japan and their locations: http://homepage3.nifty.com/jcps_tanabe/jiseiti_kokunai.htm. Have you ever been to any besides the ones you mentioned? It seems very interesting.

Dear Tanukimo-san,

Konnichiwa!

I will post some photos of a few cp sites in Japan. Unfortunately the majority of the photos were taken with my film camera. I should convert them into digital images somewhere.
Please wait for a while.

Back