What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Look out for cprus scam

Yeah be careful everyone, he almost got me but I backed out because he wanted to use Google Wallet and not Paypal which I thought was odd.

I believe that Google Wallet also offers similar buyer / fraud protection as Paypal. Couldn't a complaint be lodged with them, in order to seek a refund?

Yeah it seems like the people who did pay him are filing a report on this so they should get their money back.

Always smart to be cautious sending money over the internet. I looked at the villosa, but wasn't interested in dealing in that much money with someone that had just created a account.

Google can't approve returns or initiate refunds on behalf of a seller. Please contact the seller with your request.You'll find the contact information for most sellers in the transaction details in your Wallet. If not, we suggest that you refer to the merchant's receipt or website for more information.

Policies vary by seller, so they may or may not be able to accommodate your request, and you may be charged return, restocking, or processing fees.

Allow the seller three business days to reply with available options. If they haven't responded after this time, you may request a mediation through Google.

Hopefully after three days the mediation through google will refund our money. There is a chance this will work.

Google can't approve returns or initiate refunds on behalf of a seller. Please contact the seller with your request.You'll find the contact information for most sellers in the transaction details in your Wallet. If not, we suggest that you refer to the merchant's receipt or website for more information.

Policies vary by seller, so they may or may not be able to accommodate your request, and you may be charged return, restocking, or processing fees.

Allow the seller three business days to reply with available options. If they haven't responded after this time, you may request a mediation through Google.

So thats why he wanted to do Google instead of paypal.

If you paid with a credit card through google wallet you can still dispute it with your credit card.

Hopefully after three days the mediation through google will refund our money. There is a chance this will work. I will check with Mastercard tomorrow.

This is pretty bad... But with the prices for tiny seedlings at ridiculously high prices due to the ridiculous demand (even though there's a large supply) it was only a matter of time before something like this happened.

I guess the lesson is to only trade with people who are well-known when doing such a large deal.

IP address?
(admins should be able to provide it)

curious if he/she is domestic or international... easy enough to hide of course, but still curious

you can also check your email header....

I guess the obvious thing to ask is if any of this has been reported to the TerraForums staff (moderators or administrators). There's not much they can do without an official complaint. If the dealings did not involve Terraforums (trades, offers in PM, etc.) they probably won't touch it.

Yikes.

Speaking of that forum, I just IMed you Rob, as a S. Rosea fleabay auction that I bought into at lunch seems to be reusing one of your photos from there. I wasn't worried until I saw your post on cprus's thread and realized welp, scammers abound today, apparently.

Back