What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

!HELP!!!

I just order a shipment of

Nepenthes alata-small
Utricularia sandersonni
Cephalotus-Typical-small
Marston Dragon (Drosera x Marston Dragon)
Lance-Leafed Sundew (Drosera adelae)

I TOTALLY FOR GOT I AM LEAVING WEDNESDAY FOR A TRIP COMING BACK SATURDAY! I called but they have ALREADY BEEN SHIPPED! (coming in 1-3 days)

HELP! WHAT DO I DO??

If you ordered them potted you could try and get a neighbor to pick them up and look after them for you. They're easy enough to look after that he/she shouldn't have too much trouble looking after them for a few days

Depending on how it got shipped, if the shipper (USPS, UPS, etc.) has a climate-controlled warehouse, you can just tell them to hold your package for you to pick it up at their facility when you get back. Plants spending a week in a box won't usually kill them unless they were already weak/sick to start out with.

They are all Bare-root wrapped in sphagnum moss...

Any other advice?? The package is coming in on thursday and I get back saturday.. All plants are shipped bare-root.

Honestly I wouldn't be that worried. I've had plants that were a week in transit bare-root and they survived.

It sounds like you cannot avoid keeping them in the packaging for a few days. I would not give it another thought until you get back. Bare root in sphagnum moss is good way to keep them alive for that short period of time.

Should I have my neighbor bring them inside so they are out of the sun??

It depends on where you live.

How did your plants do while you were gone? Have you potted them up by now?

I know this is already over, but not telling us where you live was very unhelpful.
In some places you need to be worried about cold.
In other places you need to worry about too much sun/heat.
In other places they would probably be just fine..

Knowing where you live would have been helpful information.

Scot

It depends on where you live.

How did your plants do while you were gone? Have you potted them up by now?

Hey they arrived and were fine. Thanks for your help!

Back