What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

thez_yo

instigator
Pictures!

N.thor x campy

N.campy x max

N.(veitchii x lowii) x campy

the N.ventrinermis flower stalks

(i cut off the pollen balls to save for later..)

..and an upper

N.tenuis

Sarra minibog is coming along well :) Some of the pitchers are coming up gnarly, so I neem'd this past weekend for whatever bug infestation I assume I'm having (assume aphids cuz I've seen a few on my plants in the past couple months)

..couple minors out of it

That one nice flava pitcher

A kinda screwy looking new S.rosea luteolata pitcher

S.umlauftiana (the not screwy looking pitcher coming up :-O)

N.hamata x platychila

N.jacquei hanging out in the mikei pot

my N.inermis has more than 1 pitcher!!

my one N.macro pitcher for the year..

a wee little N.eddie

Ceph minibog... the cephs aren't doing so well :-))

my one N.flava pitcher for the year too

N.aristo pitchers hanging out in the bottom of their pot

and lastly, an AW N.hamata clone. Always green with black/brown teeth and barely any spots.

Are you referring to the temperate plants waking up, because there seems to be no reason for the Nepenthes to stop growing in winter. And I love your Drosera meristocaulis, although I can't see any Cephalotus in the bog.

Are you referring to the temperate plants waking up, because there seems to be no reason for the Nepenthes to stop growing in winter. And I love your Drosera meristocaulis, although I can't see any Cephalotus in the bog.

The neps stop producing pitchers in the winter because they don't receive enough light - the leaves keep growing in, but not pitchers for me.

I don't have meristocaulis, but maybe it's the admirabilis in the ceph pot you're looking at? I don't like many drosera, but this one is cute :)

Yeah, the stem-forming pygmy sundew. There are a few so I often get them mixed up.

Great growing, zu! All the pitchers look amazing!! Your toilet bowls are very nice, my favorite is the N. inermis. : ) Nice set up you have going on in the mini bog, I'll have to come up with something to stop my Sarracenia from toppling over!

I adore your little balcony garden thez_yo!

Great growing, zu! All the pitchers look amazing!! Your toilet bowls are very nice, my favorite is the N. inermis. : ) Nice set up you have going on in the mini bog, I'll have to come up with something to stop my Sarracenia from toppling over!
Big rocks in the bottom of the pots. Something inert.

Thanks Lime :)

I adore your little balcony garden thez_yo!

Thanks!

Big rocks in the bottom of the pots. Something inert.

Yeah, or pumice in the mix is what I usually use, instead of the usual perlite.

The plants look great but it appears that you have no finger prints....

The plants look great but it appears that you have no finger prints....

The pitchers are getting big so I don't have to zoom into finger-print size all the time any more :O

Amazing collection - great to see stuff looking so excellent as they grow up.
Oooh, those are D.lasiantha. They're cute too! :p
Any closer pics of these guys & their columns? They seem very robust & not about to topple. How old are they?

Amazing collection - great to see stuff looking so excellent as they grow up.

Any closer pics of these guys & their columns? They seem very robust & not about to topple. How old are they?

Thanks :) My inermis got jealous of yours and started making uppers too :p

I'll try to get pics later today - I think they're about 3 years old now? I'm not exactly sure. After looking at that pic, I thought about maybe cutting off the dead leaves, but then thought to myself... you know, maybe the dead leaves are providing a rigid structure/lattice-work to the stem to actually hold them upright without bending over, so I think I'll leave the dead ones on.

Here ya go:

Thanks :) My inermis got jealous of yours and started making uppers too :p
Yes - mine is now headed out on it's own after doing its part to save frogs ... Thankfully, the mother plant is once-again starting to inflate uppers so I won't be without my inermis fix for long...

I'll try to get pics later today - I think they're about 3 years old now? I'm not exactly sure. After looking at that pic, I thought about maybe cutting off the dead leaves, but then thought to myself... you know, maybe the dead leaves are providing a rigid structure/lattice-work to the stem to actually hold them upright without bending over, so I think I'll leave the dead ones on.
I think those pillars look so cool - like what you'd see on top of the tepuis. Thanks for the closeup pics - I wonder if the dead leaves do provide any actual support?

You wouldn't see those on the tepuis, just their relative.

Yes - mine is now headed out on it's own after doing its part to save frogs ... Thankfully, the mother plant is once-again starting to inflate uppers so I won't be without my inermis fix for long...

I think those pillars look so cool - like what you'd see on top of the tepuis. Thanks for the closeup pics - I wonder if the dead leaves do provide any actual support?

Saving frogs? What happened?

And I don't want to sound ... lasiantha are from Australia, and meristocaulis are the ones from the Tepuis.. or were you just saying they'd fit in well there?

And I don't want to sound ... lasiantha are from Australia, and meristocaulis are the ones from the Tepuis.. or were you just saying they'd fit in well there?

I believe they were auctioned off to support Amphibian Ark, a charity that helps amphibians.

What Tanukimo said. My spring cleanout this year is going to the frogs ....

You wouldn't see those on the tepuis, just their relative.
Duh - LOL. Just saying that looking at those sundew chimneys reminds me of pics I've seen on top of the tepuis - whether of meristocaulis or roraimae. For whatever reason, I don't recall seeing pics of Oz chimneys in the wild. ???

Well, here's some more. Hilariously, the S.minor are the tallest ones in the bog!

N.macrophylla started to finally open up

N.villosa opened up a little bit more

N.hamata making cute curly hair

And I think I may have actually made ping seeds?? How do I know .. and when the pods ripen, how do I know when they're ripe?

Back