What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Really - you grow N. macrophylla, villosa and edwardsiana on your front porch?! Whoa!

Oh, to be able to grow toothies that easily... (or in my case grow them at all, yet)
If you actually have Ping seeds, the ripe pods will look like they're full of brown something, and when they are fully ripe will eventually open and reveal seeds.

Just curious, is anything expected to grow to be taller than the Sarracenia minor? And are you growing variety okefenokeensis?

Really - you grow N. macrophylla, villosa and edwardsiana on your front porch?! Whoa!

Yup, SoCal has the perfect 75ishF days, 65ishF nights to provide good-enough conditions. Humidity is usually pretty low, but the plants harden up ok if you acclimate them slowly. I think the only drawback is that your pitchers are smaller, but that seems to be it. :D

Oh, to be able to grow toothies that easily... (or in my case grow them at all, yet)
If you actually have Ping seeds, the ripe pods will look like they're full of brown something, and when they are fully ripe will eventually open and reveal seeds.

They're easier than you think. Don't be afraid of them - they're just glorified houseplants :p

Ok, thanks for the info.

Just curious, is anything expected to grow to be taller than the Sarracenia minor? And are you growing variety okefenokeensis?

Yeah I think I'm expecting the S.flava to get taller, although I got it as a seedling so I don't really know what its final height will be. I think this is my third year with the plant so we'll see. I don't have okee - I've just got some Home Depot death-cube clone so I'm assuming it's just plain old simple short S.minor.

Back