What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Florida Trip 2014 - The Other Plants

Some bromeliads from my uncles yard in Orlando:

Some Vandas he had hanging from a palm:

A Coreopsis or something similar growing on the side of the road in the Glades:

Tillandsias in the Glades:

More Glades pics:

A Savannah habitat where I found the Pinguicula and U.cornuta in the FL CP Post:

A Cycad of some sort I imagine:

A Milkweed:

Some cool Vittaria:

No idea what this is:

The ever-present "Bog Buttons":

The only orchid I found on this trip, Spiranthes vernalis I think:

Cycad I think is Zamia sp. the pink flowers are
Erythrina herbacea – Coral Bean.​

Way cool. I like all of those roots from the Vanda orchid and the pictures from the glades where you can see the reflections in the water. You picked a great place to explore.

DUDE! Those are awesome pics of an awesome habitat. I grew up in FL but way north of the Everglades. Amazing. The shots with the cypress trees covered in ferns and tillandsias are blowing my mind. Might have to set one as my desktop pic.

The cycad is known as a Coontie -- Zamia integrifolia. The pink flowers are indeed coral bean. The flowers are usually much more crimson though. The milkweed is Asclepias curassavica, or Bloodflower and is introduced from Central/South America.

Last edited:
DUDE! Those are awesome pics of an awesome habitat. I grew up in FL but way north of the Everglades. Amazing. The shots with the cypress trees covered in ferns and tillandsias are blowing my mind. Might have to set one as my desktop pic.

If you make it down there, I highly recommend taking a very slow drive along Rt. 94 off of Rt. 41. It's a 24 mile loop that goes straight through Big Cypress. There's a ton of stuff to see.

Back