What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JB in Utah

Come To The Light. . .
So I realized today that I haven't been on TF in a while, so I wanted to take few minutes to post a quick update about what I've been doing for the last 15 months, it's been quite busy.

Around the time of my last post I had just graduated with my degree in Communications and was looking for a new job to replace the one that put me through college. Last February, I landed a job with TopTenREVIEWS.com as a writer. This new job has been very enjoyable but it's kept me busy. Toward the end of April, my wife fell down the stairs and broke her leg, the next couple months after that I spent taking care of her while I wasn't working, it was pretty hard on her, but she recovered just fine.

Towards the end of the summer my local aquarium store (where I got all of my RO water) went out of business, so I finally took the plunge and order my first RODI unit: a Typhoon III, it's already paid for itself since then as I've needed RO water for my aquaria. I upgraded my lights to LED Finnex FugeRay Planted+ and I'm slowing phasing out the plastic plants that have dominated my aquarium for so long. To be fair, my CPs also use their fair share of RO water as well.

My bog garden had its first summer last year and some of the plants really took off as others slowly adapted to their new home. The rest of the year is a blur, but my CP collection has grown bit by bit during this period. (I plan to update my growlist soon, but I have no idea when that will be).

This year, I rearranged the bog garden (pics to come soon, after I have more growth to show) a little before everything came out of dormancy and it's going to be a dynamite season (all of my Sarrs have flowers this year, a first for me). I'm looking for a nice CP-safe gravel or type of river rock to use as a top dressing on the bog itself (if anyone has any suggestions or know good places to look for this online or in the Utah area, I'm open to input). If not, I'll use pine straw as a mulch again, the bog seemed to love that last year

I'm also planning to set up a highland tank for my Heli and a couple small Neps (I'll post more on this when I have more concrete plans). That's about it for now, it's good to be back and hopefully I'll post more often in the future, unlike the last year or so.

Welcome back! Look forward to seeing pictures of your plants!

Back