Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Camera Suggestions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phake33 View Post
    I've been looking at cannon powershots. Looking to spenf between 200-400.
    I've had a Canon power shot in the past and it was my favorite little camera!

I think it's hard for anyone to say which is the best on the market now though. Even if they did all the research last year, it can be a different market already. Plus, what's important to one person might be of little importance to another.

I would look at reviews online and pick your top 3 choices. Then I'd do an online search compairing each model to each other. There are many people online who buy all the latest models and do a comparison of them all. Some reviews show picture examples as well as charts. It may take a lot of time to do your research but in the end you'll be confident in what you purchase. Stats and examples are always better than opinions

Good luck!

Here's a place to get you started .....
    http://www.dpreview.com/products/compare/cameras
    Last edited by divaskid; 05-23-2014 at 12:49 PM.
    ~Michelle (AKA Geva or Jennifer)

Grow/Trade List

Picture Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beyond the kidding around, as you can see from some of the links, if you want to do macro - you should seriously consider a DSLR. If you just want quick pics, stick with an iPhone camera.

The creative options that open up with a DSLR are incredible - like the previously-mentioned focus-stacking as well as time-lapse (& others).

Yes, you can get decent pics with a point-&-shoot (all of the pics in JB's Epiphytic Utric Growing Guide were done with one) but as you progress, you'll be more & more limited (& frustrated) - no manual focus, no depth-of-field settings, no shutter speed control, & on & on. Also - the smaller the subject, the more frustrated you'll be (ime).

Quote Originally Posted by Not a Number View Post
    Here are some examples of results you can get with manual focus prime lenses and extension tubes. Both of the lenses used were in their time either the budget lens or the next step up from the budget models. The Pentax 50mm f1.7 has an excellent reputation when used for macro work.

http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/1...ts-so-far.html
    Gotta love those macro shots! I especially like the jumper with the huge eyes & faux-hawk.
    Last edited by RL7836; 05-23-2014 at 01:12 PM.
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my biggest problem is my head is always thinking SLR vs DSLR. never considered things like just change ISO settings.... cant do that in SLR. need to break my habits of thinking SLR and film

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A very cheesy and early attempt of mine at focus stacking.... lots of "ghosting"
    but I still love the pic for some reason.
    warning: big file size

http://bluegrasscarnivores.com/rose/rose4.jpg
    Last edited by Av8tor1; 05-23-2014 at 01:22 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123