What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

As I was watering the plants this morning, I realized that I've only ever shared photos when I needed an ID or a diagnosis. So, I thought I may as well share with you a few of my plants. Please excuse the poor lighting; it's a rainy, dreary day in New Haven.

First up, a few of the nepenthes:

chaniana x veitchii, quite a slow grower for me

khasiana x Viking (thanks, thez_yo!), first pitcher under my care

tobiaca, with four "generations" of pitchers, each one larger than the next. It may not be the showiest species, but there's something elegant, I think, about the shape.

maxima x aristolochioides, outside for the picture

idem. the newest pitchers are quite red, but soon turn very dark:

Here are what I think (hope) are the first sporophytes of some lecanopteris sinuosa:

L. sinuosa is a messy fern. Everything located under it is covered with spores, including these pings:

seductora

cyclosecta

idem, with flower

Finally, a few dews:

d. montana var. tomentosa (tomentosa var. tomentosa? I'm not sure what this is anymore)

its very fuzzy flower stalk

d. graomogolensis is putting out a strange, bifurcated leaf

"the importance of spacing gemmae"

d. barbigera

d. scorpioides

N. ventricosa x talangensis:

N. tobaica x aristolochioides, a recent acquisition. I'm a big fan of tobaica and if its genes are anything like maxima's, this should be a vigorous hybrid. So far the pitchers have been tubby and quite red.

Some non-carnivorous plants:

Dischidia pectinoides (or now vidalii?)

Hydnophytum sp. The poor thing grows in a windowsill most of the year, hence the horizontal habit (to the light!)

Pleurothallis alata, a tiny orchid that more than makes up for its size by blooming continuously

Wow nice collection dude. Cool orchid

Love the pics, especially your dews!

What is that Dischidia potted in? I'm having trouble getting mine really growing.

Thanks!

What is that Dischidia potted in? I'm having trouble getting mine really growing.
I have it in pure LFS, which I water infrequently, but the plant does get sprayed/misted often.

A very colorful maxima hybrid x fusca hybrid from Paul B:

Nepenthes vieillardii FINALLY making a pitcher. This plant is slow as molasses.

Drosera graomogolensis sending up a flower spike.

Not a lot of excitement here in the dead of winter, but it is nice to look at this when the high is 20 degrees:

A few new things:

Drosera graomogolensis flower (I hear these are self-fertile?)

Nepenthes ventricosa x talangensis

Ping. cyclosecta. The plant split into two after blooming and I accidentally tore some of the leaves while dividing it. Tossed them into the pot and... voilà, little pings

Dendrobium Micro Chip blooming

Not a lot of excitement here in the dead of winter, but it is nice to look at this when the high is 20 degrees:
My wife would get total anxiety if my window sill looked like yours during the winter, but I would love it! I'm jealous. Keep up the good work.

How is your D. graomogolensis growing? Do you have a full plant shot? I had one many years ago and it did okay, but struggled some in my conditions. D. graomogolensis was always one of my favorite Drosera.

xvart.

Thanks, xvart! I'm lucky to have a partner who supports my obsession.

I've had the D. graomogolensis for about two years. It grows, like everything, as a windowsill plant with supplemental light. It looks glorious in the spring and fall, when temperatures are mild and the humidity is high.
http://www.terraforums.com/forums/s...aomogolensis-babies!?highlight=graomogolensis

In the winter, it suffers, especially when my humidifier can't keep up. It's looking a bit sad right now:

I have some small plants that I made from leaf cuttings. They look much better than the mother plant. I can spare one when the weather is more conducive to shipping.

Thanks, xvart! I'm lucky to have a partner who supports my obsession.
Haha. Back when I had my grow rack going full speed my wife half-heartedly supported my obsession, but probably only because it was in a spare bedroom nobody ever went into!

I have some small plants that I made from leaf cuttings. They look much better than the mother plant. I can spare one when the weather is more conducive to shipping.
Thanks, that's very generous of you. Sadly I don't really have the capacity to grow much in my current apartment other than some Nepenthes on the porch.

I looked at the link you shared to your other thread. The mother plant looks great. I always loved the near solid red color of D. graomogolensis. Thanks for letting me relive vicariously through you!

xvart.

Nepenthes spathulata x spectabilis. This photo doesn't do it justice.

N. chaniana x veitchii

dewy

Good stuff! My Neps are all beginning to vine out, but no new pitchers yet.

N. glandulifera x burbidgeae. I really like how this one is turning out.

N. glandulifera

Lepanthes gargoyla

Masdevallia erinacea. This one's gearing up for quite the show. Here's the first open flower:

Macleania glabra looking much better thanks to Kevin's suggestion to try some iron chelate

Could this even be flower buds forming?! It definitely does not look like a new leaf...

Beautiful plants! Thanks for sharing! I really NEED a chaniana x veitchii & alata mini orchid like yours.

The Lepanthes gargoyla is my favorite. Beautiful plants, they're obviously quite happy.

Back