What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Axelrod's photo thread

The 10 gallon terra is very nice! I like the capensis 'dews growing on the hilly landscaping.

Thanks, it really isn't too bad considering its all just extra bits and pieces that have spread around mostly on their own.

Wow very nice Greg! Your stuff looks quite happy. Very beautiful flowers. I'm eager to see how the 10gal looks once everything grows in & spreads.

Been a while since an update, here's a few.

I believe this is Hymenocallis palmeri:
It flowered and the stalk was then immediately snapped by a storm, the pic is a couple months old, I brought the flower inside and took a quick shot after the storm.

Calopogon tuberosus:

Bad shot of Bletilla striata:

S. 'Doreen's Colossus' got munched on:

S. oreophila x 'Leah Wilkerson':
Love the lid and it has a nice red throat patch

No ID on this one but it gets these kinda cool arrowhead shaped hoods:

S. 'Leah Wilkerson'

S. flava (v. flava?):

S. 'Hurricane Creek White':

a smallish S. flava cuprea:

S. Saxapawhaw:
Thanks philcula

Aldrovana vesiculosa and Utricularia macrorhiza, and some sneaky salvinia:

Nice update!

Nice photos Axelrod. That palmeri flower looks dangerous.

Drosera filiformis

Drosera binata:

S. rubra var. wheryii "Citronella bog"

S. x catesbaei "red"

S. minor:

S. rubra var. jonesii:

S. flava ornata x rubricorpora:

Last edited:
Everything is looking great! How's the AS doing??

Love your s.minor :)

Everything is looking great! How's the AS doing??

AS is still settling in, everything looks healthy but no crazy growth, I may still get a couple nice pitchers before the season is up though.

Love your s.minor :)

Thanks, that pitcher is actually all twisted towards the bottom, I just used it for the pic though because the top looked nice still, the plant as a whole is a twisted mess, probably from insect damage. I'm gonna try to take more pics this week to post this weekend. I'll snap one of S. minor okee, thats lookin nice.

Proboscidea parviflora var. hohokamiana:

Seed Pod:

Byblis liniflora:

S. rubra var. gulfensis - anthocyanin free:

S. 'Hummer's Hammerhead':

S. minor okee giant:

S. 'Judith Hindle':

N. x Miranda:

D. scorpioides:

D. helodes x pulchella growing in basically concrete:

Giving D. adelae another shot, thanks Rich, doing well so far, nice new growth coming in:

I have P. louisianica with pods forming, but haven't yet gotten the hohokamiana seeds to germinate....lucky....

I have P. louisianica with pods forming, but haven't yet gotten the hohokamiana seeds to germinate....lucky....

I had to soak them for about 24 hours and then cracked the outer layer open. I sowed seeds both indoors and out. I got better germination indoors (maybe due to birds) but they didn't transplant overly well, the outdoor seeds are doing the best right now.

Let me know if you need more seeds to try with at any point. I should have plenty when these are ready.

Yr white lithop is a L. Julii ssp. Julii or just a regular julii
But deff a julii lol!
The other ones i think are L. Acompanii. Wish i could spell it right lol

Passiflora incarnata var. alba

Checked my plants against photos online...turns out the ones that sprouted outside may actually be the hohokamianas, so I need to get louisianica started again!

Nice! Everything looks great. The adelae does look happy.

Very nice Greg! Is that Hymenocallis fragrant? And any chance of getting a cutting of the P. incarnata 'alba'?:hail:

Checked my plants against photos online...turns out the ones that sprouted outside may actually be the hohokamianas, so I need to get louisianica started again!

You'll know for sure when you harvest the seed.

Nice! Everything looks great. The adelae does look happy.

Sure does, it's pushing a new leaf every few days now.

Very nice Greg! Is that Hymenocallis fragrant? And any chance of getting a cutting of the P. incarnata 'alba'?:hail:

I'm not sure, I don't really remember, plus when I found it the stem was already snapped, I got the plant from you. And absolutely, yes you can, I have it growing with the regular P. incarnata so when one of them pushes their next flower I can figure out which vine to cut. Or would you like both?

S. rubra var. gulfensis "dark":

S. minor okee x psittacina:

S. 'Mardi Gras':

S. flava var. ornata "Improved Black Veins":

Back