What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Signatures On Pictures

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
I've noticed that a few people have their names on their pictures.... mainly Butch. How does one apply that feature on Photobucket?

I've noticed that a few people have their names on their pictures.... mainly Butch. How does one apply that feature on Photobucket?

I think that's something that needs to be done prior to upload, in your graphics software of choice. Just create a new layer to type your name into, position it how you want, then save the image as a .png or .jpeg before putting it on Photobucket (or wherever)

Last edited:
Jim,

I don't use Photobucket or any of the other photo hosting websites. I don't know if they have their own utilities which would simplify things a bit.
I'm old school, I use Photoshop or Helicon Filter.

Helicon Filter is very easy, but I don't think they offer their freeware version anymore,

I think if you google " free online watermark tool" you might come up with some options.

Also, there are a few free online photoshop-ish editors such as Pixlr that you could use.

One caveat, if you watermark a photo and then try to get a hard copy.... some places wont print them for you.
I ran into that issue after doing some business type photos for a local company that later wanted hard copies.

HTH's
Av

Jim,

One caveat, if you watermark a photo and then try to get a hard copy.... some places wont print them for you.
I ran into that issue after doing some business type photos for a local company that later wanted hard copies.

Worth mentioning here is that you should not overwrite the original photo with the watermarked one, you should always keep an original, unmarked copy, should you ever need to go back and rework it or get a print made.

yep....and always keep one copy of the original still in layers for future edits

you learn :)

Gimp for Windows? It's free, last I knew.

You can add text using the Photobucket editor. You cannot change the transparency of the text. You have to edit each image individually. You can save as a copy or replace the original.

There are plenty of free batch watermarking programs available. I have not reviewed any of them.

As advised, keep unaltered original versions of your work.

Gimp is as close to Photoshop as you're going get for free....

Last edited:
Gimp is as close to Photoshop as you're going get for free....

I find Corel more user-friendly than GIMP. Not free, but costs a fraction of what Adobe charges ($50-$70).

Duplicate post. sorry

Last edited:
If you are an iPad user, there is also Photoshop Touch for iPad, which is a remarkably versatile (though obviously pared-down) mobile version of Photoshop. It allows the creation of multi-layered PSDs which can be opened on the desktop P-shop as well. It has the essential adjustment and effects tools, and all the standard layer blend options, etc. If you are already versed in the Photoshop UI, then this will feel like home to you. It is capable of much more than just making watermarked images, and its only ten bucks - far more reasonable than buying into the Creative Cloud.

(Yes, my avatar was made using P-shop Touch on my iPad)

Some of the digital cameras will put a copyright/title on the bottom of the image. Check you user manual.

FWIW,

Took a bit to find it, but I still had the original freeware Helicon executable...

It's very user friendly, sort of confusing to do batch work but it does it... anyways, to do what you're wanting to do, click on the "frames" tab and you will see where you can enter text, then click on "save" tab

It will also do basic photo editing without getting too in depth.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the feedback. I need to see what I can do. LOL! I lack the 'toys' and sophistication of ya'll!

Download the helicon if you want it, I will remove the link tomorrow.

Jim,

Since they don't offer this freeware version anymore, I don't think I would try to update or register it.
They would probably make it non functional if you did.... might also want to keep a back up copy of the executable file too if you like it.

Butch

Back