What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Today the Cutterpup has stopped running

chibae

An orchid fancier with a CP problem
Being born with a heart murmur didn't stop Cutter from doing things most dogs could only dream of. He hiked, went rock climbing and backpacked, wearing his own pack. He passed his CGC at the age of four months, home schooled. In obedience class he was valedictorian. He was equally at home running agility courses as he was at horse shows lounging beside the feet of his equine friends. In his later years Cutter spent part of his time at the nursing home with me, keeping an elderly hospice resident company while I worked in my office. At the home front Cutter rode herd on various cats and was there as his two teenaged companions grew to adulthood and moved to homes of their own. His role as family protector became was never more pronounced than when first Liam, then Molly joined the family. He was never more vigilant than when they were over to visit. Today, the heart which had never failed, despite the murmur becoming worse over the years, stopped beating. Cutter had been in our lives for over sixteen years. He will be remembered forever.

RIP, he had a wonderful life.

It sounds like he had a great and full life. I'm sure he's having a great time, wherever he is.

I am so sorry to hear this, I know how hard it is to lose a pet of many years. Not terribly long ago my family had to put down our dog of 12 1/2 years. It sounds like you had many great years with him, though, so dwell on the memories of times you enjoyed and not the loss, and your Cutter will always stay near.

I am so sorry to hear this, Judy. I have no doubt that you enriched his life to the fullest extent possible.

My condolences, he lived his life to the fullest

I am afraid i know exactly how you feel,my friend and companion "Woody" passed away two weeks ago,all i can say is remember the good times,and the pain of losing "Cutter" will get better with time,RIP cutter you were obviously loved very much

Last edited:
I''m no stranger to that experience, and you have my sympathies. Cherish the time that you spent enriching each others' lives, heart to heart, and you will eventually find some peace.

Sorry to hear about your loss. May you and your family find solace in this poem.

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When a pet dies who has been especially close to a person here on earth, that pet goes to the Rainbow Bridge.

By the edge of a woods, at the foot of a hill,
Is a lush, green meadow where time stands still.
Where the friends of man and woman do run,
When their time on earth is over and done.

For here, between this world and the next,
Is a place where each beloved creature finds rest.
On this golden land, they wait and they play,
Till the Rainbow Bridge they cross over one day.

No more do they suffer, in pain or in sadness,
For here they are whole, their lives filled with gladness.
Their limbs are restored, their health renewed,
Their bodies have healed, with strength imbued.

They romp through the grass, without even a care,
Until one day they start, and sniff at the air.
All ears prick forward, eyes dart front and back,
Then all of a sudden, one breaks from the pack.

For just at that instant, their eyes have met;
Together again, both person and pet.
So they run to each other, these friends from long past,
The time of their parting is over at last.

The sadness they felt while they were apart,
Has turned into joy once more in each heart.
They embrace with a love that will last forever,
And then, side-by-side, they cross over… together.

Author Unknown

My condolences

Thank you all for your words and well wishes. he will be remembered in the hearts of all who loved, and were loved by, him.

Back