What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You know you're addicted to CPs when you...

When you anticipate the next growing season more than the next 4 holidays

When:

20140629-145004-53404420.jpg

Holy mother of nepenthes ! I think I just seen what heaven looks like.

Also you know you're addicted when :
- you spend more money on distill water than tap water.
- when you're constantly checking on venders site to see if they have your favorite hybrid/species
- when one of your friend tell you that you need to go to a 12 step program.

...when this is your Christmas Tree:
1507453_10151776128492245_41122965_o.jpg

When the "other woman" is your plants.

-Spend your free time looking at CP's
-Purposely look at other CP's you don't have and hope to see the day when you do have it
-Look at plants that you can't grow and are tempted to buy it anyways
-Plants conquer your room instead of you
-Look at your Cp's expecting something to happen
-Are willing to buy a CP for a fortune (*coughs* VFT cultivars and other expensive plants *coughs*)

When for the holidays your relatives have given up on trying to actually buy you anything, because they have no idea what particular plant you'd want......

..How did you do that

The tinsel is all nepenthes flowers, and the nepenthes pitchers are all just stuck in there and balanced, or twist tied to the tree.

The tinsel is all nepenthes flowers, and the nepenthes pitchers are all just stuck in there and balanced, or twist tied to the tree.

Wait, are those real Nepenthes pitchers & flowers?!? :0o:

Last edited:
When for the holidays your relatives have given up on trying to actually buy you anything, because they have no idea what particular plant you'd want......

Lol. I love getting plants as presents. I emailed Mike wang this year, and he sent me a list of plants he had that were avaliable that i was interested in. I bought some myself, sent the list to my mom, and then took what we got off the list. I then sent the list to my dad and grandparents.

OMG this all is soooo true!!!!:-)) When you loose sleep over a plant that you did not get or win in an auction.

Ramon:D

When you spend thousands of dollars to be drenched to the bone, covered with leeches and shot up with vaccines just so you can go see where a carnivorous plant grows.

When ants in the house don't freak you out because they are flocking to your windowsill nepenthes.

You pass on a family outing because a sundew flower you have been waiting to photograph may open that day.

You treat your magnifying glass better than your eyeglasses.

The first thing that comes to mind when you see any type of container is "how can I utilize that for CPs."

yeah, of course

Wow, that is incredible. The amount of work involved, both setting up the tree and growing the plants well enough to make this possible, clearly shows how addicted you are and how well you grow your plants. :hail:

Haha wow I didn't catch that Christmas tree before. Very impressive!

You know you're addicted to CPs when your main bank account is labeled "Plant Funds."

I do have a monthly plant budget in my Mint account. I've been a good girl and am only $18.37 over my budget this month! :D

Christmas eve and I'm checking all the forums.

Back