Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Cheapskate's Attempt to Grow IPs in Stockton, CA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if you're seeing more rot because of the relative lack of light. 4 hours of direct sunlight for Sarracenia doesn't seem like much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cbennett4041 View Post
    I have always found that my larger rhizomes are always the most likely to rot. I now try to cut the Sarrs down to two or three growth points each winter.

I just started with Trichodetma this week. I have lots of hope for it with all of my CPs.
    I'd love to hear about the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodkoalie View Post
    Great plants. You are not that far from me, only half a hour. Nice plants, i have found that i lose the most plants to rot in the spring, after they wake up and i think they lived the winter. Your plants are looking very nice this time of year.
    This past winter and spring was the first time La Muerte Pulposa struck my plants.

Quote Originally Posted by ps3isawesome View Post
    what kind of rot are you guys talking about?
    Rhizome rot, where the growth points and other parts of the rhizome turn brown and mushy. I've read that it can be caused by fungi, bacteria, and fertilizer.

Quote Originally Posted by BaseDrifter View Post
    I wonder if you're seeing more rot because of the relative lack of light. 4 hours of direct sunlight for Sarracenia doesn't seem like much.
    It's possible. In the past couple of years, they have received full sun during the summer. This year, I wasn't able to monitor them during the weekdays, so I had to limit sun to prevent them from drying out. So far, only the S. flava seems to be affected. I don't think there's much hope for it because I'm not seeing any growth in the salvaged growth points.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Darlingtonia update:

Last week

This week
    Last edited by fdfederation; 09-21-2014 at 04:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    N. ampullaria seeds are sprouting three weeks after sowing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123