What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phill Mann - for you who know him

• Thread starter Cindy
  • Start date

Cindy

Staff member
Dear friends,

I am not in the position to give more details but Phill is very ill and his family is at his side this moment. Please keep him in your prayer and post your wishes in this thread. Other than this, I don't know what else I can do for him...being half the world away from where he is.

I am saddened to hear this. I hope he recovers soon. My thoughts and best wishes are with him and his family. I will be writing to Tamlin this week and will let him know. If you could PM me Phil's address I will send him a card and relay the address to Tamlin as he probably doesn't have it with him.

I sure hope Phil pulls through ok, I've only ever talked to him at the 2012 ICPS conference, but he's a great guy. Kinda reminds me of Fifi from Mad Max

Last edited:
The carnivorous plant community sadly lost another long-time enthusiast. Phill died on August 3, 2014 in Perth, Australia at the age of 63. A memorial to Phill will be in the December issue of CPN.

I sure hope Phil pulls through ok, I've only ever talked to him at the 2012 ICPS conference, but he's a great guy. Kinda reminds me of Fifi from Mad Max

Funny you should say that as I understand he was in his previous career with the police.

The carnivorous plant community sadly lost another long-time enthusiast. Phill died on August 3, 2014 in Perth, Australia at the age of 63. A memorial to Phill will be in the December issue of CPN.

He will be missed. It is largely through his efforts that Cephalotus was downgraded from CITES Appendix II. His enthusiasm for Carnivorous Plants was matched by his desires to share that enthusiasm, knowledge and plants. It is sad news indeed. My sincerest sympathies and condolences to his family and friends.

I am deeply saddened to hear this. I hope that this month's NECPS newsletter can include a brief memorial and tribute to Phil - please PM me if you have any fond memories or condolences that you would like to share there. I know him only through attending talk on Cephalotus at ICPS in 2012, but he was clearly a dedicated enthusiast and a personality that the community will miss.

Back