What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes Cameo in "Guardians of the Galaxy"

DrWurm

Californian in DC
Hey all,

If you're going out to see Guardians of the Galaxy some time this weekend (which you should, it's pretty awesome), keep an eye out for when they first visit "The Collector." He has a big, foggy terrarium with several nepenthes hanging inside. You never get a close-up view, but it makes it into several shots.

Cheers,

Jason

This may just be enough to convince me to see it.

I have no plans to see it, but I'll keep my eyes open if I ever do. :)

Last edited:
This may just be enough to convince me to see it.

Well I'll also add that it's a very richly and creatively conceived sci-fi universe.

Cool I love finding CPs in weird spots.

During the restaurant scene of Weekend At Bernie's when Bernie is meeting with his mafia associates there is a Sarracenia leucophylla pitcher in every flower vase at each table.

Cool I love finding CPs in weird spots.

During the restaurant scene of Weekend At Bernie's when Bernie is meeting with his mafia associates there is a Sarracenia leucophylla pitcher in every flower vase at each table.

I think the cut flower trade in Sarracenia leucophylla is actually harmful for wild populations, but otherwise I would agree. I did see a book (Cultivating with Carnivores) that teaches you how to grow your own and harvest the pitchers so hopefully they are doing that instead of taking from the wild.

Yup I've sold copies of that book! ha ha

I actually went to see the movie tonight, and I must say this one is now one of my top5 favorites.
It was pretty awesome. The commercials made it look sub par, but before watching it
I didnt know it was a marvel/stan lee movie. Can never go wrong there
10/10

I was just at Macy's yesterday and saw some brand of something with a bunch of what looked like Nepenthes ventricosa hanging in the background of the picture. Needless to say, I was impressed.

Other cameos I've seen that I can remember:

- In the woman's quarters in Prometheus.
- In the office in Her.
- All over the place at Hannah's greenhouse in Dexter.

The movie the Golden Compass features some Sarrs in terrariums. They are in the room where Ms. Coulter reveals that she is Lyra's mother.

I can't believe someone actually watched Guardians of the Galaxy

I agree with Nem, thought it was pretty funny. I love Chris Pratt :love:

Didn't notice the nepenthes when I saw it though, will definitely be on the lookout next time I watch it

Since I knew to look for them, I DID notice them. Pretty cool.

I need to re-watch a few movies on this list to see the CPs that make appearances.

I can't believe someone actually watched Guardians of the Galaxy

What a smug, condescending comment. :lol:

Besides that, I really enjoyed the movie and did notice the nepenthes. Plus the computer animation was good. I am hyped for Interstellar after seeing this one.

Back