What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum server move! Please take note....

• Thread starter adnedarn
  • Start date
Have you gotten it today? I changed server settings last night on how PHP was processed and it has dropped the server load by quite a bit. As of right now the server load is .36, and should indicate there is basically no load on it and all pages should be getting served promptly.
Thanks!

PS the setting you are referring to would make the error go away, but a huge delay would take its place... so really doesn't solve the issue.

None so far today, but the pattern I experienced was that several days or even up to a week would pass before I got the message again.

Yes, better to have the message.

Out of curiosity, Im getting messages popping up "A chat is already being processed, please wait"
and they dont stop until page is refreshed. Is this normal for anyone else?

I've not had it happen. Are you sure you're not double clicking/hitting enter? :p Try this: Go to the home page,or chat full page, wherever you are having the issue... hold CTRL and SHIFT and press R OR you can clear your browser cache...

Let me know if you still experience it.

I've not had it happen. Are you sure you're not double clicking/hitting enter? :p Try this: Go to the home page,or chat full page, wherever you are having the issue... hold CTRL and SHIFT and press R OR you can clear your browser cache...

Let me know if you still experience it.
Really? sometimes I will log in, and first message of the day says that. definitely not a double click.
i will try this, thanks

Just added redirects which will automatically redirect anyone accessing this forum from non WWW urls to the www version since the forum is set up to work that way. (http://terraforums.com* will automatically redirect to http://www.terraforums.com*)

Out of curiosity, Im getting messages popping up "A chat is already being processed, please wait"
and they dont stop until page is refreshed. Is this normal for anyone else?

It would do that even before the move if you clicked the "ok" button without entering anything in the text box. Clicking on the trash can button usually solved that but sometimes you have to close the browser and start over.

20141005_220035.jpg

file upload test

10.7.14 074.JPG

Hey, it works!

Cool, thanks for reporting, and rechecking!

So far no "Server too busy messages". If a week passes since the last time I got one I might think maybe it is solved. Mebbe.

Thanks, the server load has been well under the limits it takes to do that (which is overloading it by about 5 times) amazing how a few optimization settings changing how the server handles PHP requests will change that! We're now running way under it's capabilities.

I just realized www.flytrapshop.com was not working... changed the DNS settings for the new hosting company and I believe it to be resolved.

I was JUST about to ask, lol.

Back