What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Only wanted some pots but ended buying something else

People would rather get potted plants that are growing carpet moss and have weeds (the utric in particular) than having fresh clean media? I repot fresh all potted ordered plants, because *I* don't want that kind of stuff being shipped to me. In fact, if I can only get it potted, I transplant it anyway. I guess that's just me 0_o

I feel the same way. Shipping plants domestically should be treated as though you're exporting them: unpotted, moist sphagnum around the roots, no pests, correct labels, etc. Drink responsibly, wear a condom, don't ship pests - if we work together, we can keep this community clean.

You know, I actually bought some U.bisquamata back in the day on purpose. It does a great job of keeping down the moss and peat in the pygmy dew pots, but I realize I'm the antichrist for even suggesting it's not a weed...

Have I told you yet that your icon makes me crack a smile every time I see you post?
+1 My only beef with this little weed is it invading other Utric pots. I love the little lawn around my dews!

Last edited:
I also do not mind the U. bisquamata. I think it makes a nice looking ground cover and has quite attractive flowers.

Back