What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey, who's going to Bay Area Carnivorous Plant Society?

I just read about a game happening on the same day as this event. How there's gonna be more traffic after the event.

Anyone have suggestions on this? I really want to go but hate traffic.

ALSO I'M SUPER EXCITED!!!!!

Last edited:
I was gonna go, but traffic made me think twice

Skydive and cut your drive by 50%
Also a flashy entrance

Wish I had the funds to do so lol

ya I had it marked on my calendar and then i see the updates..... Hey do you guys know if there will be plants for sale?

Or i can just hitchhike my way up there, 0 dolla!

It's walkable from the Downtown Berkeley BART, although it's a long uphill walk.

Does anyone want to carpool? I can seat 5. I live right by the El Cerrito del Norte BART station so we can meet there. I can also drive down into Oakland no problem.

Also, if you come in the back way there won't be traffic. From El Cerrito del Norte we can take Arlington up to Grizzly Peak and then come down from around the Lawrence Hall of Science. We could even drop everyone off down at the UCBG and then I could park up on the hill and walk down.

will there be plants for sale this time?

California Carnivores pretty much always comes. Sometimes Carnivore Culture is there too. Also there will be raffle and auction plants.

As Tacks has said, you just need to come down from Grizzly Peak Blvd. ---- that's the way I always travel.

I may make an appearance with my S. x readii. Haven't decided yet.

I'm going and bringing my nepenthes specimens to donate to California Carnivores if they take plants donation ( moving in year and cannot take large specimens with me due to space, plus I love their nursery and hope that they can used the specimen to benefit them in anyway), if not then, it will probably be in the raffle.

Late notice, but I'll probably be there with a few plants to sell. Any requests?

Back