What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

:bigthumpup:Yeah you got the addiction ,your plants are all looking very healthy .I look forward to seeing how your neps get on in the new tent.Good growing

Here is a little update. It isn't much, but there is definitely a noticeable difference in the growth rate and leaf coloration; for me anyways!

N. Miranda

N. Ventricosa "Red"

N. Gentle

The rest are just getting started so there isn't much to show.

I thought some of you might be curious how I store my sarracenia in the winter.... Well, I cut them all down, spray them with fungicide, and shove them in the nearest garage.

Not a very exciting update, I know, but it is the best I have at the moment. Lol!

Interesting to see the hibernation chamber of such a large collection. Nice update haha

Nice spot for dormancy!

Cephalotus Update!

Here are a few pictures of my cephalotus collection at the moment. I am pretty happy with their growth so far! I did have two (the bottom two in the semi-vertical pot) possibly start the "Cephalotus Sudden Death" phase, but with a little fungicide and TLC, they are bouncing back. I gave the whole collection a dose of AmpacBiotech's trichoderma to help prevent rot, and to see if it increases their growth. Time will tell....

Newly opened. My largest pitcher so far! (ignore my hand...)

Hummer's Giant

I will be receiving a german giant, big boy, brewer's red, and phil mann in the mail tomorrow from a fellow member. I will be posting pictures once they settle in!

New Cephalotus!

I figured I would post some pictures from the starting point to monitor their progress.

Left to Right: German Giant, Big Boy, Brewer's Red, Phil Mann

Received my cephalotus squat in the mail the other day! :-O

Along with a Drosera Hamiltonii; which I added to my semi-vertical pot.

Now it may just be a coincidence, or my mind playing tricks on me, but ever since I have started apply Trichoderma, there seems to be a noticeable growth spurt.
My Hummer's Giant for example. For months, it hadn't really done much. Now, a month after innoculation, it is sending out pitcher after pitcher.

Same with the rest of the typical. They would usually only send out one pitcher at a time, now they are sending out multiple.

Whether or not these growth spurts are from the Trichoderma, I still support its use.

On a different note, my 6 month old leaf pullings are starting to produce adult pitchers!

I also started another batch of stem cuttings.

Capensis forest

Admirabilis large form

And finally, a nice pitcher from my miranda

Your stuff looks great as always. I don't have a keen enough eye to comment on the growth rates for your cephs. Do you find that the sand layer on top cuts down on the weeds and other crap that grows through?

Your stuff looks great as always. I don't have a keen enough eye to comment on the growth rates for your cephs. Do you find that the sand layer on top cuts down on the weeds and other crap that grows through?

Thank you!
Because I don't have a control, I cant be certain. I based my findings mainly off of my Hummer's Giant. It has the most noticeable growth and the only thing that has changed in terms of its growing environment, is the inoculation.
Regarding the sand, I do find that it cuts back on moss, algae, mold, and bugs. The sand keeps the surface dry enough to prevent their growth. I usually apply a half inch layer.

Back