What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Man I have been lazy on the updates. I take a ton of pics but it becomes kinda labor intensive posting and embedding them all to the board. If anyone is interested I can give you a link to my online photo albums etc just PM me. For now I made a video of my setup. If you want to see anything specific just ask.

Holy cow! Your plants all look so amazing!

That huge ventricosa at the start is new though, yeah? I dont remember you having one.

Holy cow! Your plants all look so amazing!

That huge ventricosa at the start is new though, yeah? I dont remember you having one.

That is N. ventricosa "Black Peristome" that I got from Johnny in a giveaway in October I believe.

ooooh, I didnt realize how huge it was o_o

I have a black peristome too, its just... tiny.
oIbFjTV.jpg

Last edited:
Yours looks bigger than mine. If you are referring to the plant on the right in the entry shot, that is one of the 5 dollar poi dogs i got at a local store. Edit: Upon closer inspection of your pic, it looks like we have seed siblings. Mine is the 4th plant with pichers that you see in my vid. Right after the little N. "Lady Pauline" cutting.

Last edited:
Love the music you had playing in the video. That was the first time I have heart beats to the footage. Kind of refreshing compared to the awkward drabbly commentary usually associated with these sorts of videos. XD

Love the music you had playing in the video. That was the first time I have heart beats to the footage. Kind of refreshing compared to the awkward drabbly commentary usually associated with these sorts of videos. XD
Haha thanks, it's something free off youtube. I edit a lot of my own weightlifting videos on there, so it's pretty routine for me to use their music selection.

Yours looks bigger than mine. If you are referring to the plant on the right in the entry shot, that is one of the 5 dollar poi dogs i got at a local store. Edit: Upon closer inspection of your pic, it looks like we have seed siblings. Mine is the 4th plant with pichers that you see in my vid. Right after the little N. "Lady Pauline" cutting.

J3S43hB.png

I am referring to the plant in the center.

Also I dont think our ventricosas are siblings, I got mine from Josh, but I guess anything is possible, that batch of seeds mightve been spread around to more than 1 grower.

J3S43hB.png

I am referring to the plant in the center.

Also I dont think our ventricosas are siblings, I got mine from Josh, but I guess anything is possible, that batch of seeds mightve been spread around to more than 1 grower.
Ah nm about the seedlings then. Yeah this plant was labeled a poi dog at a local garden store. Here are some other pics.
10481669_1552724978341546_4702951752226668274_n.jpg

10563083_1552725115008199_4527547420675608366_n.jpg

10941911_1552725125008198_3732205109421160279_n.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a pretty pure ventricosa to me, but it might have some really vague lineage lol

Looks like a pretty pure ventricosa to me, but it might have some really vague lineage lol

I suppose it could be, seems silly for them to just lose track of it's genetics and then call it a poi dog, if it is indeed so easily identifiable.

That plant looks almost like a cross between ventricosa and burkei actually. I have rarely ever seen that kind of patterning on pure ventricosas.

I dunno, my ventricosa "red" looks a lot like that. You may be right though, it does look a lot like burkei x ventricosa.

I was thinking burkei was involved myself.

My guess is x ventrata x (who knows what)

In any case, it's a NOID, so best to leave it at that.

Hey Randy, did you ever find out what was up with the magically appearing N. Ventrata?

Hey Randy, did you ever find out what was up with the magically appearing N. Ventrata?

Yeah I did actually. When I was helping my buddy that I got the plant from originally set up his grow area. We got everything put together and were hanging his plants, which were in terrible shape at the time, and I noticed one totally totally rundown with a tiny pitcher and it was Ventrata. He'd had the plant forever, I'm assuming that he made cuttings from it when it was healthy and then completely forgot about what kind of plant it was until I later identified it. When he originally did the cuttings he was significantly less informed on species and Nepenthes in general. This is like 2 years ago that I got the Ventrata as a small cutting. Here it is these days:
10897925_1552725225008188_6964991356095119224_n.jpg

Ah, mystery solved then :)

Back