What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any fisherman here?

• Thread starter Jcal
  • Start date
  • Tags
    wild

Jcal

Decumbent Fanatic
I have been flyfishing for years but there is a new form of it that has emerged. It's called tenkara and I have been in love with it! A very simple way to fish. So my newest hobby is tenkara and tying my own flies. Takes the stress away and gets me outdoors.

Here's a wild rainbow trout I caught over the weekend out of a small stream.

Any other fisherman lurking here?

I think you mean, "fishermen", or fisherpersons.

My wife and I enjoy fishing a great deal. However, recently we have had few opportunities to pursue that endeavor.

smallish snot rocket

my record smallmouth bass

daughters 11 pound salmon

My dad loves Rainbow Trout fishing, so I like to go with him... I do all the driving so he can focus on the task at hand... One day he tried his hand at a selfie, trying to get me in there, but not realizing I saw him. :p He uses it as his FB profile now, lol... I like spending that time with him, although not a huge (eating) fish fan.

8659_4419192498372_427031573_n.jpg

Some Trout catch
533000_2747697592044_1830216173_n.jpg

Some Sunfish catch
292944_3124995544257_808472219_n.jpg

All of you put my little rainbow to shame!

That's a huge panfish and that bass belongs on a wall. I hope you mounted it!

Your trout had much better color though, and is wild. Ours (because of summers too hot) are farm raised and released into these waters for the cooler months for the sport. My mom caught a tiny fish once, but for the love of me I can't find the photo! *still trying!*

aha!! I forgot it didn't even catch it in the mouth... :-\

47073_1376107210739_1377458_n.jpg

Last edited:
size doesnt matter much, all beats work....you really want jealousy ive got a pic of the 75 pound paddlefish my ex-wife caught her first time out after them.....not big on fly fishing though i do live in Montana, im on the flatside and other than farm pond bass i no longer have access to and sometimes the snot rockets most my fish are caught at 12 foot and deeper.....also had to many bad run ins with Trout Unlimited while trying to do stuff for warmwater fisheries in this state that if i do fish for trout i use spinning gear to make myself feel better :D

My whole family is into fishing. My father teaches people how to fish as part of his career, and we've all landed some major fish. No pics I'm able to share at the moment, but I've landed a 5' lemon shark before....

salt aint the only place for big fish.....this is a good size fish but the record is twice this size

Funny story about TU. Fly fishers can be very snobby. I bet them seeing you use spinning gear would really get under their skin.

That's huge paddle fish! I thought they were filter feeders. How I. The world did you catch that thing?

All of you made me feel bad so I went to my fishing hole last weekend and got another rainbow slightly bigger.

Your trout had much better color though, and is wild. Ours (because of summers too hot) are farm raised and released into these waters for the cooler months for the sport. My mom caught a tiny fish once, but for the love of me I can't find the photo! *still trying!*

aha!! I forgot it didn't even catch it in the mouth... :-\

47073_1376107210739_1377458_n.jpg

I don't fish much with rod&reel much any more, but as a kid I spent more time doing it than I did sleeping! The township I lived in held a fishing contest in a small local pond. They'd stock it a week before with Rainbows, but since the contest was only for kids 12 and under not many were caught. The pond was totally unsuitable for trout, and by late summer you could limit out in 5 minutes by wading in and picking up by hand oxygen deprived trout that were swimming slowly along the surface trying to gulp air.

i had a pretty good day on a party boat back in June.

Back