Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Sashoke's Picture Thread

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your tiveyi certainly is big. How long did it take to grow it that tall?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Moss View Post
    Your tiveyi certainly is big. How long did it take to grow it that tall?
    Grew it from a vine cutting aobut 2 years ago ish? The cutting to begin with was decently tall, probably about as tall as the brown section of the stem is, the rest is 2 years of growth.
    ~Burgeoning connoisseur of all things ventricosa or otherwise tubby.~

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    N. tiveyi with a big leaf

N. burkei "madja as" has a bit too large of a lid

Ah, thats a bit better ;P

Finally repotted N. spectabilis x hamata with a bamboo stake, hoping for some pitchers this winter.

Due to constant struggles for real estate on my windowsill I messed around with some copper wire to make a hanging pot. I dont have anything to go into it yet. As far as I know the point of contact with the copper wire and the soil is small and thin enough that it shouldnt leech enough minerals into the pot to cause problems.

Last edited by Sashoke; 10-11-2017 at 08:39 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    N. burbidgeae x campanulata, still waiting on the peristome to flip. Gorgeous speckling on the underside of the lid and peristome.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice. I like the pattern of the red speckling under the lid on pretty much all burb hybrids and this one keeps that up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Moss View Post
    Very nice. I like the pattern of the red speckling under the lid on pretty much all burb hybrids and this one keeps that up.
    Thanks! I really like the stripes and speckling as well. There is an even larger pitcher inflating right now so im excited to see that one too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've had nothing but rain for three days, but today the sun finally came out again

N. tiveyi

N. ventricosa

N. burbidgeae x campanulata

N. sibuyanensis x spectabilis

N. ventricosa x (aristolochioides x thorelli) This plant is extremely weedy but seems to only make small pitchers, no matter how big the leaves get

N. spathulata x hamata looked like it wanted a hand to hold, so I gave it one

This weird looking N. ventricosa

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    N. ventricosa upper pitcher

N. ventricosa x maxima is a weed! I've been giving it way way too much light, Ive had it growing too close to a powerful metal halide bulb and it was actually growing away from the window because it was burning up so much, I finally decided to stop being a crappy plant parent and remedied the situation. Hopefully now that it isnt being incinerated it will be more prone to pitchering

N. sibuyanensis x spectabilis has been inflating this pitcher for well over a month and due to how thin the pitcher still is, it doesnt seem like its going to stop growing anytime soon. Im thinking this is going to be a mammoth when it pops!

I fed my N. tiveyi a huge grass hopper that didnt even fully fit in the pitcher. When I first killed it and dropped it in, the back legs were sticking completely out of the mouth and maybe only half of its head was actually submerged in the digestive fluids. I didnt expect it to even be able to finish digesting it, and was just kinda curious what would happen. Over the course of just a week it has slowly digested the grass hopper from the top down, gradually lowering it further and further in as it dissolved. All that is left is this pile of legs and tail! I am amazed how quickly it digested this huge prey. I had no idea Nepenthes were this quick to digest their prey, I guess Id never really observed it until now.

N. spathulata x hamata basal is coming up nicely!