What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sashoke's Picture Thread

Yup! That happens occasionally since I dont see the sides of the plants that face the sun and I rarely move the pots.

There is a picture of my setup on a previous page of my growthread, its a 40$ growtent/tiny greenhouse simply positioned infront of a southern facing window. There are 2 fans for ventilation (without ventilation it will easily get to 100+F in there) and no supplementary light.

Last edited:
Heres my low tech solution to pitchers going underneath the grating.. duct tape!

Whenever I see one getting close I just throw a strip over the gap and then they cant go any further. Once the pitcher forms Ill remove the tape.

lvIfWEk.jpg

lefmvRJ.jpg

Sibuyensis had too many individual pitchers to tape up, so I just put a big strip under it :p

D6jhHEE.jpg

Spath x rob never takes a break.
cnybcTI.jpg

Seems like a good solution. I've seen others use a small cup full of moistened LFS. But the duct tape takes up less space.

I have absolutely 0 sphagnum moss to spare, but that sounds like a good solution too since the wet moss will also encourage pitcher inflation.

N. burkei

I love little pitchers that have curves near the bottom like this.

97pDDHs.jpg

Thumb for scale
d9L3jlG.jpg

5GnnQnA.jpg

Big update:

Nepenthes burkei "madjah as" vine cutting looks like it might take!
GKs2mM9.jpg

How does this even happen?
Ng8Vm7f.jpg

That "oh ****" moment
0XCF4jO.jpg

N. ventricosa "Red" is massive.

EvZSceQ.jpg

JmEItco.jpg

A little over 8 inch leaves

0JU0fu9.jpg

"The road to peace is paved in blood"
K3jInCs.jpg

Seed grown ventricosa from Paul.
3uyK6CR.jpg

N. ventricosa "black peristome"
DFqL0aE.jpg

N. ventricosa (arist x thorelli)
sfIsN94.jpg

E12hdoo.jpg

Group photo! from top to left:

N. ventricosa "red" N ventricosa SG, N ventricosa SG,

N. "Red Leopard" N. sibuyanesis, N. ventricosa " black peristome", N. burkei, N. ventricosa (arist x thorelli) x 2.

CfIK81M.jpg

Someone was asking me to show my set up, so here it is:

cTj66IJ.jpg

KnBAgG2.jpg

lAh02QN.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks sashoke, love your grow space and plants. You're an amazing grower.

Thanks ps3i :)

Last edited:
Its absolutely astounding how large those robcant hybrids are, theyre monsters!
Also its a wonder how well your plants are responding to the sunlight. Artificial lights
Just cant touch it. Good growing m8

Thanks Nem!

One tubby pitcher to rule them all...
pRsD3gK.jpg

Thanks Nem!

One tubby pitcher to rule them all...
pRsD3gK.jpg

Nepenthes lardassiensis?? :p
PS: you're doing a superb job with your plants, Brian. Such healthy specimens! Well done.

Last edited:
Nepenthes lardassiensis?? :p
PS: you're doing a superb job with your plants, Brian. Such healthy specimens! Well done.

If I ever breed my own tubby hybrid, this will be its name...

Thanks Paul!

N. burkei

d324es3.jpg

D41gwed.jpg

This is a month old pitcher, so itd seem even in winter there is a steady stream of curious ants sneaking into my greenhouse. How strange.

ETPLHwr.jpg

Got dirty and repotted everything except my N. spathulata x rob, N. burkei and N. sibuyanesis.

My N. ventricosa "Red" had some crazy roots. itll definitely benefit from the larger pot I think.

fFNGAdo.jpg

Hey man, looks great. In that last photo the media still looks to be in good condition. Personally I wouldn't repot it yet; if I did I would probably upgrade the pot only a little bit. I'm sure it would be fine if repotted or if left alone a bit longer.

Hey man, looks great. In that last photo the media still looks to be in good condition. Personally I wouldn't repot it yet; if I did I would probably upgrade the pot only a little bit. I'm sure it would be fine if repotted or if left alone a bit longer.

It had been in that pot for over a year, and the media was squishy and smelled bad, it was definitely time for a fresh pot!

Nothing like the smell of mushy sphag too give u a reason to repot lol!

Finally uploaded photos of some of my plants sashoke, take a look nothing too spectacular BUT their alive and well lol lol!

N. lardassiensis
CO7yloe.jpg

N. ventricosa (SG) from Paul
bb1L4lb.jpg

N. "Red Leopard"
AM8AcHW.jpg

N. sibuyanesis is making a pitcher! Its happening! :spazz:
ayTyDou.jpg

N. burkei "madjah as" vine cutting making lots of new growth.
FvRhnpv.jpg

Back