What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sashoke's Picture Thread

My Nepenthes spathulata x rob is just opening its first pitcher in my care, and I took a quick photo of the teeth just starting to form.
LQczvny.jpg

My pot of D. dichrosepala are really starting to come in. There is about 30 of them, so I just took a few shots of the largest ones.
TOCVuR8.jpg

DeUjCxD.jpg

Zjl4D0i.jpg

hTi3rvR.jpg

Z0YPevN.jpg

Also my N. ventricosa newest pitcher has some crazy peristome thingy. Im pretty sure this will color up and curl into a nice peristome, but Ive never had a plant with one of these before so I honestly have no idea.

ulV5UfB.jpg

eLh6irY.jpg

eqW68fl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah the N. ventricosa is just popping out before it rolls over. The bigger the peristome the more the "pop". Your N. spathulata x robcantleyi is doing it too, actually, and its peristome is much bigger.

Yeah the N. ventricosa is just popping out before it rolls over. The bigger the peristome the more the "pop". Your N. spathulata x robcantleyi is doing it too, actually, and its peristome is much bigger.

Ah okay :) This is the first pitcher that my N. ventricosa has done that on, so hopefully itll be a nice peristome!

Hello sashoke about how old are you D. dichrosepala I have some gemmea that are about 2 weeks old just trying to gauge how fast thay grow

Hello sashoke about how old are you D. dichrosepella I have some gemmea that are about 2 weeks old just trying to gauge how fast thay grow

Well my gemmae started sprouting within 3 days of sowing them, Id say theyre about a month old now.

Wow mine are either behind or different subspecies grow at different rates

Wow mine are either behind or different subspecies grow at different rates

Well how old are the gemmae? Mine were less than an hour old when I sowed them as I harvested them my self.

I sowed them 13 days ago and I'm not shore how old they were before I got them I would say at least a week

I sowed them 13 days ago and I'm not shore how old they were before I got them I would say at least a week

Hmm, Im not sure. If theyre still green theres still a chance for them to sprout though, so dont give up hope till they turn brown.

I call it...
Dew Kissed Sundew.
L2TJlEY.jpg

and...
Sun Kissed Sundew. (Im so original)
qMAC2YS.jpg

(sorry for the poor quality on a lot of these photos.)

My mess of D. binata seedlings have finally produced a fork leaf.
lHRlgAk.jpg

My N. ventricosa opened this beauty! It even has a little derpy tooth on the side of its peristome.
fcoVzCy.jpg

kcx63Vd.jpg

N. burkei made this tubby little thing.
yzIzDI1.jpg

And has another one on the way, right underneath its first pitcher.
4HZGPqd.jpg

"Redhead"s pitchers seem to turn bright pink as they age.
s7FRGTR.jpg

N. "Red Leaopard" cutting has made 2 leaves and one is inflating a pitcher! Im assuming its rooted :)
mlT0Yr3.jpg

Cephalotus lids are so cool.
6m4K9Ng.jpg

And the inside of my N. spathulata x rob reminds me of digital camo.
Og8yb2v.jpg

I tried to get a good shot of my binata today but none of them came out right :/ Here are the best of the bad xD
OY4TSjy.jpg

BlU4oeO.jpg

OrZ2GQx.jpg

Nice man. Those binatas are really fluffing up

Nice man. Those binatas are really fluffing up

Thanks! They really are! My D. capensis seedlings are hopefully gonna start doing stuff soon. I cant wait for those!

I figured Id post some pictures of my actual setup, its a greenhouse/growtent in my bedroom window.

Q9MickH.jpg

First Shelf, water catches and moss culture.
WhTYXd2.jpg

Second Shelf, most of my Nepenthes, my Cephalotus, and the conditions monitor. (That moss is just there temporarily to dry out.)
oggYMOS.jpg

Third shelf, drosera, small sarracenia, N. "Red Leapord" cutting, and the mister. (its in a cleaned out cut in half coffee can)
L3RuEmX.jpg

Fourth and very top shelf has my mammoth spathulata x rob ((it doesnt fit anywhere else XD) and another moss culture.
d67UcOg.jpg

gchCn6a.jpg

Since my setup is level with my bunk bed, this is what I get to wake up to every morning. (Imagine morning sun, its cloudy in the pics lol)
jIifYsp.jpg

And some random pictures:
gHBrdwc.jpg

kaLHybh.jpg

IuQK2kF.jpg

Oh my god so cool!! Doesn't it get too hot with the tent during summer? Finally we get to see your whole set up! Thanks

Love the colour of the sundews. Is it lanata?
Cheers

Oh my god so cool!! Doesn't it get too hot with the tent during summer? Finally we get to see your whole set up! Thanks

Thanks :) And no, it doesnt get too hot because it has ventilation (If you look in the first picture, bottom right you can see it. Its a super ghetto setup. Its a cut in half milk carton attached to paper towel tubes, taped onto a fan.)

Back