What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sashoke's Picture Thread

My small outdoorr collection update:

Cardinal drinks out of my water dishes every morning, Im fine with it. Its pretty.
7jeDGtM.jpg

Deathcube VFT is making a really good recovery, I like this lil plant!
T2RQBRW.jpg

S. flava

wg3T4k2.jpg

S. jonesii seedlings

6aHaBJ0.jpg

7vqsJgw.jpg

Thems mighty 'Dews in that pot! Good job on the jonesii seedlings :)

Thems mighty 'Dews in that pot! Good job on the jonesii seedlings :)

Danke Paul! Im very happy with the S. jonesii germinations, I was worried I waited too long to sew the seeds at first but it looks like I got plenty of germinations. Really excited for these due to their scarcity in the wild and all.

S. jonesii seedlings

aH6VyGj.jpg

N. ventricosa "Red"s new pitcher is freaking HUUUGE
Efpnkpv.jpg

N. burkei made a nice pitcher, I love the "spade" lids on this plant.
VX2CPnm.jpg

jUUd4Nk.jpg

N. sibuyanesis made a humungo leaf.
jyvhA4y.jpg

N. ventricosa "black"
HZkXlJ8.jpg

What will inflate first, Cephalotus or Nepenthes? :D
GlDbPzg.jpg

I think that hanging spath x rob is going to start inflating, there are wings developing.
7zVrTv2.jpg

This ventricosa pitcher is huuuuuuge
v4QsHFA.jpg

One of the seed grown ventricosas Paul gave me has extremely bright red pitchers:
7CsTGH9.jpg

AM0Ey1y.jpg

Another one looks a bit burkei-ish
gh0GXZj.jpg

I have high hopes for this pitcher.
gEPINIm.jpg

If you ever wanted to know what thousands of half digested ants looked like, here it is:
m22IQL1.jpg

N. ventricosa "Red" finally opened that huge pitcher, its got a fantastic peristome.

sPDCfQj.jpg

ZM5S2pK.jpg

LErMJoT.jpg

And here is another pitcher it opened right before the big one, not as impressive but still cool.

shA2eoi.jpg

Now thats a great looking pitcher! The size really increased after all of those ants.

Last edited:
that window man, wish i had that kind of natural indoor sunlight. how's the tent working out for you?

Pretty good, its starting tear at the seams around the zipper, and due to the fabric material there I cant even duct tape it bac together (duct tape wont stick to the fabric :/ ) So if you plan on getting it make sure you're very gentle with it when you open/close it.

As for conditions ect. its great. With two fans for ventilation it still retains 60%+ humidity during the day and doesnt get a thousand degrees in the sun. At night when I turn the fans off the humidity quickly rockets to 90%, then I hang ice bottles over my highlanders and that gets the temps down to 60F even when its 80F in my room. So yeah.

Just went though this whole thread. I really enjoyed watching your progress and growth reports very very encouraging! can't wait to see what else happens. Any really cool that your plants can attach ants like they do considering where you're growing them.

Thanks Flipsidethepint! Im glad youve enjoyed it.

Everything looks very happy! Good growing!

Really curious to see what the spathulata x robcantleyi pitcher is going to do as it inflates and hits the grating.

Brian, you may want to fish that pitcher out from the grating before it gets any bigger, because if it matures under the grating, you won't be able to get the pitcher out until it dies. That means you can't move the plant from that location either. :-(

Sashoke, I've been watching this thread on and off since December. It's been really nice to see how the plants grow, I do love progression threads!

Great pictures, keep them up!

Thanks for all the responses.

Paul yeah its a bit too late, I knew it was going to happen but I dont intend on moving the plant anytime soon. I can just cut it off if I need to move it. (Truthfully Ill probably have to cut off EVERY pitcher if I want to move it, theyre all acting as anchors at this point. That spath x rob is a real ship in a bottle.)
???

Anyways, quick brief update.

N. burkei getting swoll.
XJEC8tX.jpg

KLrXNrC.jpg

N. "Red Leopard"
XchAr0Z.jpg

N. ventricosa(arist x thorelli)
uRB1y5s.jpg

Deathcube VFT got a double kill.

NHmFrlU.jpg

mkksc1b.jpg

D. binata

VFyoNv9.jpg

Last edited:
I have not done any macro photos in awhile so I figured Id take a few shots of my capensis.

twxuwVP.jpg

TCalqbm.jpg

Awesome plants Sashoke!
Your drosera look great. You obviously have some dewy skills that I do not.

Back