What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sashoke's Picture Thread

Great looking plants!
That's a really dewy capensis :D

S. flava

6sX3H3X.jpg

Love the lid! Reminds me of this, LOL.
Normal.jpg

Hehe, yeah its got quite the derpy lid.

S. spathulata x rob opened. The peristome isnt fully colored yet but I figured Id post pics anyway, looks like the peristome broke over the bar on the shelf or something. I cant turn it to get a better look so you guys are seeing the same thing I see!

MBCj3xJ.jpg

g4f6OhA.jpg

gcoACKV.jpg

Ftu4Y7y.jpg

It's a shame the peristome broke, that would have been just about a perfect pitcher otherwise...that plant is an absolute monster, though!

Very nice suicidal pitcher sashoke :ohno:

Sorry for how far and few the updates have been, not much interesting stuff has happened.

S. flava
xnlkKcj.jpg

Also, anyone know whats wrong with its flower? It only just opened it so its weird itd already be decaying like this.

oElbBf8.jpg

I'm guessing some kind of insect damage, can't be sure.

"Hi guys, whats going on down here?"
1tO4tZO.jpg

N. burkei
87KSyLY.jpg

ZUZgnDX.jpg

zHRlYGz.jpg

ZvWyvHv.jpg

xMjK5zo.jpg

N. sibuyanesis, this guy is picky as heck. He makes tons of leaves but nary a pitcher, although right now theres lots of promising tendrils going down.
gg9InAx.jpg

N. ventricosa "black" has some beautifully dark peristomes.
nxY2885.jpg

jwmvkud.jpg

N. ventricosa (arist x thorelli) (I think. I lost the tag months ago, Paul what is this hybrid again? :jester: )

USm1agA.jpg

Group photos!

b3QfNPH.jpg

8XmxExn.jpg

BWKBn6z.jpg

xZeUegH.jpg

These dews couldnt be happier under that light, thanks a ton Knuckles!

You might find a increase of humidity around the tendrils beneficial for the sib's pitcher production. Try setting the tips on pads of sphagnum, or something similar...

You might find a increase of humidity around the tendrils beneficial for the sib's pitcher production. Try setting the tips on pads of sphagnum, or something similar...

Yeah my conditions in general have seen a decrease in day time humidity as of late, used to be in the 60s-70s but now its in the 50s-60s. I think thats likely why its stopped making pitchers... unfortunately its sending tendrils down below its pot and through the shelves grate, so there isnt much I can do to put moss under it really.

Last edited:
I think this pitcher might be far enough down that it wont suicide in the grating.. only time will tell.
YxT9Oek.jpg

Also, spath x robs leaves are big.

AuOHiBB.jpg

Wow nice man. Those leaves are huge! The pitchers all around are
fat and healthy too I see. Good work m8

Thanks Nem! Everything is coming along nicely. Im gonna have to repot my ventricosa soon, its more than outgrown its 4x4... Ill have to buy more sphagnum and perlite first though :/

For whatever reason, my local lowes and such have begun to severely cut back
on sphagnum moss, also the quantity is shrinking. Might have a shortage in the near future..

My Lowes has never had either.. Ive had to buy from online everytime I need it... its pricey too. Sigh.

N. "Red Leopard" made this fatty on the side of the pot that I couldnt see. Who knows how long its been there! ???

ZKk89r8.jpg

JbatX00.jpg

JPNKORK.jpg

Beautiful red leopard. It's always fun finding gorgeous pitchers that you didn't realize were there as you browse your collection, isn't it? Sort of like finding a $5 in your winter jacket when you pull it out of storage.

May I ask what kind of light these plants receive? I've considered getting one of those inexpensive greenhouses and just setting it up someplace in the house with the best sun exposure. Also - do you have any artificial lighting on them?

Last edited:
Back