What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sashoke's Picture Thread

Is that sixth picture of a nep a robcantleyi?

Forgot to label, that is a N. spathulata x robcantleyi, it is making its first pitcher since moving. Here were its pitchers (had to trim them off for the move)
lQFhh2N.jpg

Awesome! You should frame the or something. Maybe do a cross section of one.

N. burkei appears to have a snaggletooth on its lid.. I recall Nemjones' hamata having a similar trait. Interesting!

JwbNaFC.jpg

yBWrfvD.jpg

M' lady (spathulata x robcantleyi)
1G9zGaJ.jpg

N. ventricosa SG
1xkFmXg.jpg

RIXxYaq.jpg

4qugSdD.jpg

N. red leopard basal shoot that ive accidently snipped twice now when not paying attention (Im sorry baby pitchers!)
LZxnd4T.jpg

N. hamata x spathulata flower
ZEdizqy.jpg

N. burkei madjah as vine cuttings
PNudG0p.jpg

Aq2JVmV.jpg

Last edited:
N. spathulata x robcantleyi

62rVA3G.jpg

WdP7Mid.jpg

N. ventricosa "black peristome" has a basal shoot...!

eqD8G7i.jpg

EDSq6wJ.jpg

N. ventricosa "red peristome" is inflating a VERY dark red pitcher atm, it is even darker in person.

7HcaC5H.jpg

Sarracenia germinations!
2sfQfIz.jpg

My D. dichrosepala seem to flower three or four times a year, dunno whats up with that..

JJDJKbd.jpg

gBg56jy.jpg

N. ventricosa "red" appears to be wearing lipstick...! :-))

Ip7cbjK.jpg

5cmjY2c.jpg

Nepenthes stamen:

dC3wp3P.jpg

How's the flower scent? I know there are a few neps out there with sweeter smells, but thus far all I've had are the ones that smell like fungus....

How's the flower scent? I know there are a few neps out there with sweeter smells, but thus far all I've had are the ones that smell like fungus....

It has no odor as of yet!

N. ventricosa "Red"
0VBrb1p.jpg

dkkgeSw.jpg

0BGknXK.jpg

This plant is super awkwardly growing out of its pot, so much so I think it would pull itself out if it wasnt propped onto the window...
T7kljqk.jpg

yp1XYJy.jpg

Last edited:
Absolutely Stunning.

Thanks! Spath x rob is such a nice plant.

Better picture:
aScnKKC.jpg

D. dichrosepala in bloom!

BenU6u2.jpg

c0oOm0Q.jpg

Bought some 14-14-14 osmocote pellets to throw in Nepenthes pitchers, I guess time will tell how that will go.

N. ventricosa "Red" with its fattest pitcher yet:

ji2vTO6.jpg

N. ventricosa "Black" gets some realy nice colouring as the pitcher ages a bit, I like it!

OHvMv8Y.jpg

What the heck, my last posts pictures have dissapeared. Off IMGUR and off TF, how dissapointing :/ Ill reupload them in a bit.

xOLSf1y.jpg

HcsMrOe.jpg

Sometimes you forget Nepenthes are vines, until, well they start vining.
QJq8zJy.jpg

Seed grown ventricosa from Paul, this individual has really pinky pitchers (the color doesnt really show through the pictures very well, but its a pale pink)
woDRZ60.jpg

Here are the 2 pictures that were mysteriously removed from Imgur ???

N. ventricosa "black": So far this plant hasnt lived up to its name, however its coloring is definitely unique compared to all of my other ventricosas, and I really love it. It has a nice orangey royal color scheme.

Uj5leQP.jpg

N. ventricosa "red": I love how pale and colorless the lid is compared to the deep red of the pitcher. Its a very attractive contrast.|

JrNdOd1.jpg

OK, more pictures are dissapearing off imgur.

Im gonna stop posting updates until they respond to my emails.

Back