What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sashoke's Picture Thread

That peristome is pretty crazy. Does it stay flared or will it fold backwards?

It will curl up as it begins to color into a deep red, there is a picture further up of a more mature pitcher. (N. spathulata x robcantleyi)

N. burkei
FZd94uR.jpg

N. ventricosa upper pitcher

qcwSiiX.jpg

N. spathulata x robcantleyi

iuoCbZP.jpg

N (I cant remember)

0kAgsbg.jpg

Is the "I can't remember" a x tiveyi of some form perhaps?
Ugh, my burkei needs to get back on track, yours is making me envious again.

Your N. Burkei is very nice. How do the winters go on the window sills for you?

Is the "I can't remember" a x tiveyi of some form perhaps?
Ugh, my burkei needs to get back on track, yours is making me envious again.

Yes, it was a x tiveyi something I grew from a cutting provided by Paul.

Heh, yeah my burkei is finally starting to get beefy, I need to repot soon.

Your N. Burkei is very nice. How do the winters go on the window sills for you?

Ive never had any problems with Winter, its generally just slower growth and the pitchers arent as big, but nothing terrible.

Woo, haven't posted here in awhile :blush:

N. sibuyanensis x spectabilis taking my breath away again.

hEE4Uhh.jpg

tPrQCir.jpg

zEq0nP9.jpg

fZKgNzi.jpg

Absolutely love this hybrid, it is very hardy and vigorous, it even keeps up with my ventricosas! Not to mention the striped dark peristomes are gorgeous!

When its raining outside but you're but a humble windowsill farmer so you open your windows for that sweet, sweet humidity.

TVkFygZ.jpg

My male N. hamata x spathulata is in bloom again, for the couple years Ive had this plant it grew from a cutting into a 3 foot tall vine, has two individual growing points and has flowered three times, but never pitchered :(
Z0UqHHl.jpg

Last edited:
Even in its adolescent pitchers, N. campanulata x burbidgeae has some very attractive striping.

qKsICQd.jpg

IHNrd1P.jpg

N. ventricosa "Madja-as" (Or is it truly burkei?) producing some very nice color on these small pitchers. This one has a particularlly large lid compared to the rest of its body!
1bM3bTA.jpg

sytyutz.jpg

Everything is looking nice.That N. sibuyanensis x spectabilis in particular.

Everything is looking nice.That N. sibuyanensis x spectabilis in particular.

Thanks, it sure is! Its probably adapted to the low humidity of my windowsill better than any of the other plants, even better than the ventricosas and ventricosa hybrids.

I love all spectabilis hybrids, but that one is particularly nice color-wise.
I don't think the "Madja-as" should be considered ventricosa or burkei; it has more similarities to the latter, but there are still some structural differences. Perhaps a subspecies at best of burkei, but better a taxon in its own right.

I love all spectabilis hybrids, but that one is particularly nice color-wise.
I don't think the "Madja-as" should be considered ventricosa or burkei; it has more similarities to the latter, but there are still some structural differences. Perhaps a subspecies at best of burkei, but better a taxon in its own right.

The color is really nice. The pictures dont do the peristome justice, it is so much deeper red in person, looks like its wearing lipstick!
6p3sEGs.jpg

Hm, well Im not sure what to call it then ??? most people are familiar with it being named ventricosa so it might be best to continue calling it that to avoid confusion, on the other had I try my best to be taxonomically correct so...

I label mine "sp. Madja-as." Most people will recognize the locale for the"ventricosa" form anyway and it's obvious it's a close relative, but since ventricosa only occurs on Luzon and more so the northern/central reaches, it's a stretch to call a plant from an entirely different island the same thing.

Now thats what I call a tubby pitcher! N. sibyuanensis

PcziWJ2.jpg

lSxgkro.jpg

Igsap3z.jpg

Vine cutting from my N. hamata x spathulata is finally making a basal, cant wait for lowers!
S4wxjax.jpg

Speaking of basals...

GF2IIYs.jpg

2ZstZSA.jpg

6SrxD8t.jpg

xUySGCb.jpg

N. tiveyi upper pitcher
XLGfL1p.jpg

BGhtQsi.jpg

q9WjD1C.jpg

New growth point after mysterious pest damage
aB2VL4T.jpg

The Dews

3IvU9gy.jpg

yHzAxQ6.jpg

xydqKOv.jpg

Last edited:
Looking very nice. What pygmy drosera is that at the end?

Looking very nice. What pygmy drosera is that at the end?

D. dichrosepala, I had 3x as many but accidently killed them :( you can see their husks in the side of the photo, theres another pot full of them.

Back