What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sashoke's Picture Thread

N. ventricosa "black"

1Oc03jL.jpg

YQwuk0X.jpg

N. ventricosa seed grown from Paul

Rra1TyC.jpg

YVk41vi.jpg

D. capensis flower, beginning of the end..
D6ZZLM6.jpg

Gemmae sprouts!
riVHkOW.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good. Are those gemmae I sent? Glad they look to be doing well.

Sent from my VS500 using Tapatalk

A rare snowy day in Tennessee here...
0UiECjs.jpg

N. spathulata x hamata upper pitcher
CaqJYeI.jpg

BlDrkou.jpg

N. spathulata x hamata lower pitcher
ZWI6c3N.jpg

EzSCPmw.jpg

N. tiveyi
r4bdc6j.jpg

That spathulata x hamata is really nice. Congratulations on getting that one to start pitchering.

That spathulata x hamata is really nice. Congratulations on getting that one to start pitchering.

They are quite gorgeous, Im especially happy I got a lower and an upper at the same time.

Now I just need the N. spectabilis x hamata to follow suit.. never seen that one pitcher yet.

This D. capensis flower aint messin around!
y2LGu0y.jpg

I love the pale colours on this N. tiveyi form
qMiYMrR.jpg

0FcvsmD.jpg

N. ventricosa upper pitcher
2uQMGKb.jpg

Last edited:
N. tiveyi
yWrg2D8.jpg

N. sibuyanensis x spectabilis
gmZZYi0.jpg

1uyEDhH.jpg

N. spathulata x hamata
MqAAp1G.jpg

bigger pitcher coming in too!
GaymkE0.jpg

N. ventricosa "Majah As" (Im fairly certain its burkei, this thing is picky as heck!

R9Ba8O4.jpg

US4RzZz.jpg

F25NvMS.jpg

N. ventricosa "black peristome" pitcher nearing the end of its cycle, I love how dark the peristomes get over time.
SaR77sd.jpg

N. burkei pitcher coming in after recovering from its illness.
gp6CK0Z.jpg

Nice, the lid hairs on that spathulata x hamata are great. The following pitchers should be really great.

N. spathulata x hamata
UYUWHFW.jpg

LIyk83u.jpg

Looking good. I like that the color is moving in a gradient from the yellow to red. More toothy than I thought it would be too.

Looking good. I like that the color is moving in a gradient from the yellow to red. More toothy than I thought it would be too.

Agreed, the coloring is very nice, and so are the teeth! I am really beginning to think this is an underrated hamata hybrid if there ever was one.

N. ventricosa "Majah As" (Im fairly certain its burkei, this thing is picky as heck!

Hey Sashoke, do you find typical N. burkei (the Mt. Halcon form) difficult to grow? Most people say it's as easy as N. ventricosa but mine always looks pretty marginal! I was hoping Madja-as would grow like N. ventricosa which I have no problems with.

Hey Sashoke, do you find typical N. burkei (the Mt. Halcon form) difficult to grow? Most people say it's as easy as N. ventricosa but mine always looks pretty marginal! I was hoping Madja-as would grow like N. ventricosa which I have no problems with.

I have never had good luck with N. burkei on my windowsill, even where other highlanders who should be picker thrive.

I've grown a N. burkei for 4 years now (maybe 5? Jeez I cant remember.) And its never been too happy. Right now its producing its first pitcher in a little less than a year and its only because of the winter weather. Its gonna go back to being sad again.

The two N. ventricosa "Madja-as" i have exhibit identical growth habits as my N. burkei, sad/pitcherless and only happy in the winter. They threw out a few nice pitchers in the colder months and Im expecting them to go back to being sad in the spring, along with my N. burkei. My multiple N. ventricosas on the other hand thrive in the summer and spring, then slowdown in the winter, so I find it hard to believe the "Madja-as" clone is ventricosa at all.

my N. burkei heard I was talking crap so it decided to prove me wrong. This is the first pitcher it's made in about a year and its huge compared to what it used to make.

I will glady eat my words if it wants to keep inflating pitchers like these :D Can't wait for this to open.
S1EPPYS.jpg

That sure is a nice pitcher. Interesting how burkei seems so much harder to grow than ventricosa.

All my N. burkei decided it was high time I ate crow :-O

This pitcher is about as good as it gets in my collection!
KzkVw31.jpg

YN7MUuF.jpg

UtlQ0ME.jpg

N. burkei madja as with some lovely pitcher coloring
lYJAVHv.jpg

XRER0iv.jpg

i2k6skv.jpg

0PS4B59.jpg

YI4AoT5.jpg

Little basal sprouting up too :)

C2RfEUS.jpg

This is now an N. spathulata x hamata appreciation thread :hail:

SfNL65h.jpg

17cXr35.jpg

B5pg1JF.jpg

yOpOyAC.jpg

SOovoB4.jpg

DWd5ucP.jpg

Cn94hyS.jpg

Another lower on its way :) lets see if this one is even bigger!
hZA282V.jpg

Upper for comparison
jtjL7YV.jpg

I wanna show off this ventricosa waist before the pitchers gone!
cV14WDx.jpg

N. maxima's first pitcher in my care
s5Nzbbx.jpg

N. ventricosa (arist x thorelli) with some really nice creamy coloring
Ix0dWpU.jpg

Last edited:
Looking nice. That burkei is really impressive. A lot nicer looking than the regular ventricosa.

Back