What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you listening to right now?

• Thread starter Maiden
  • Start date
  • #1,061
I always wondered if anyone actually listened to the songs posted. I enjoyed yours as well, thanks!

LOL. I've wondered the same thing. :)

I freely admit, I skip any of the heavy metal stuff -- the screaming and clashing is just not my "thing". With songs like the one I posted, there can be the additional Q of whether any listeners will understand the story or where it's coming from. In this case, some familiarity with the legend of King Arthur and who Mordred was.

• #1,062
There was a tl;dr of the story in the video description which was helpful.

• #1,063
For those who don't like metal vocals, this one's an instrumental (just the first 4 minutes, can't find this song on its own.)

• #1,064
nice discovery for me, great guitars :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
  • #1,065
I liked that. Actually reminded me a bit of some of the works by the Trans Siberian Orchestra. :)

• #1,066
You two might like this one too then:

• #1,068
they're going fast... :(

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Bqa1s4jhkQ8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
The Allman Brothers Band - Stormy Monday ( At Fillmore East, 1971 ) - YouTube

"I would like to be remembered as a - somebody who could rock your soul or make your cry with a song.
And somebody who's kind, who loved to laugh, and loved his God"

Gregg Allman

:beer:

Last edited:
  • #1,069
Lou Reed, "Satellite of Love," from Transformer, with background vocals by the late David Bowie.

Ironically enough, he went the same way as Greg Allman (RIP) back in 2013; Bowie, the very same in 2016; and I even had tickets for Reed's appearance in Monterey, which he suddenly cancelled for, eh, medical reasons.

The moral of the story: avoid the horse . . .

Lou Reed - Satellite of Love - YouTube

Last edited:
  • #1,070
I think this thread is lacking in...whatever the creatures on the cover art are supposed to be. ???

• #1,072
When MTV first came into existence, I looked forward to seeing the VJay Nina Blackwood and Prince's music videos
(if the aerobicise video shorts weren't playing on Showtime lol)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/F8BMm6Jn6oU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Got to love that 80's hair LOL

View attachment 3516

Music is music, ultimately. If it makes you feel good, cool.
Prince

Not too many people remember those "exercise videos." I always got a kick out of the ones where the gals were in a group of three and occasionally "accidentally" bumped their behinds together. On that one, the camera was overhead. They always seemed very breathless as well. Gotta fill in those two to three minute gaps somehow, right?

• #1,074
Not too many people remember those "exercise videos." I always got a kick out of the ones where the gals were in a group of three and occasionally "accidentally" bumped their behinds together. On that one, the camera was overhead. They always seemed very breathless as well. Gotta fill in those two to three minute gaps somehow, right?

youtube is a wonderful time machine... Aerobicise - Leg Lunges - YouTube

• #1,075
Bad Wings by the Glitch Mob

gonna ace my finals yeeeeeah

• #1,076
Yes indeed, it is. I shoulda known...this was at the bottom of the screen
Leg lunges with Deborah Corday and Tina Rocca. Part of the TV show Aerobicise that was created and directed by Ron Harris in 1982.

• #1,080
:woot:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tcCPNHIwRK8?list=RDtcCPNHIwRK8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4RTipAZuMRI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Back